Sunday, November 29, 2015

October .... no posts? WTH.... Whats Been Going on.....

Ok so I don't have any posts up from October , 2015.... does this indicate that I did NOTHING for October of interest?  Possibly.....

I looked at my Calendar to see what I did....

I ate... A LOT




I worked
and worked ... 


STEVE & MACKENZIE






EMMA AND DANIEL
which afforded me quite a few opportunities....  Seniors (both formal and casuals), Babies, Families, Maternity, Surprise Birthday, Football, Head-shots, Company party, a Fabulous Wedding and an Engagement.   It was a Pot Pourri Variety and that is always great fun.... the only thing that ruined all of that was the amount of rain that cancelled and postponed many other opportunities.  (<<<<


I also had my  youngest... Grandson for 6 days this month ...  which is always a great time but also an opportunity to visit with other friends, and do things that I normally don't....like thrift, out to breakfast, errands etc etc .... we take little field trips creating tradition...one of which is ice cream at brewsters and he is smiling all of the way! 




and....... we had Halloween.. which started out with the AWESOME FIRESTATION GALA .... we put a few outside decorations up ,  gave more STUFF  to 2 of my daughters
and GOT ALL DRESSED UP WITH NO WHERE TO GO! for Halloween itself we wore group costumes that were of the Big Bird Theme.   We gave out candy to trick or treaters at my house... and ATE and watched some great pumpkin charlie brown between them coming and going.  They had a ball. 




I photographed a Halloween Costume / Surprise Birthday Party and dressed as a Mignon....
... that was also great fun... had some good eats too , because what is any celebration with out the eats.  I thought I was being an "original" for an adult but lo and behold another adult Mignon Woman showed up too! ha! :) thought I had a good idea....





The highlight of the month of October on a personal note was taking an impromptu Train Trip to NC to see my middle daughter and her two kids to deliver an autoharp that I bought locally for her from an online yardsale sight.   




I don't get to visit often with them.... the train holds some type of magic for me (I love to travel on them).... and we had a fun time other than I was looking forward to going to Topsail and the weather 'ix-nayed" that for me... 



Train Station "magic" 


......October did not hold its usual rituals of many years of gatherings...except 1 .... I so enjoyed going to a football party after work one sunday at some great friends house (Tammi & Abram)  I love to visit with my friends and seldom have a way to do so unless they invent one around my busy schedule or come help me with some project or HIRE ME ....its a shame but TRUE ,  VERY TRUE....





As I am getting older .....I find a lot of the "adages" that I heard and never paid much attention to, ringing loudly in my ears...... I hate to write about them because I know how redundant and self pitying they sounded when I was younger ....I am a great fan of breaking those type of type of myths about "aging"  I like to beat the odds and say that "age is all in your head" but sometimes they are hard to ignore and October was no exception.  Losing people in my life unexpectedly is one of those things (even if I don't see them day to day and haven't seen them in a decade) it stings and hurts  and reminds me that I am running out of time here on this earth.... just like them... everyone is .    CARPE DIEM / CARPE NOCHUS becomes even more important words to pass down....even more than ever and the younger the better....





OCTOBER starts fall here in my portion of the United States and the weather changes it is BREATHTAKING!   this year the sights were even more enhanced as I had some major landscaping done with not one but TWO additional screen porches and a nice deck too!  VERY EXCITED about this project continuing ... and looking for ideas and deals....  As I have Both expanded and Purged somethings outside I am STILL trying to purge on the inside BOTH figuratively and literally in October 2015.  





No comments: