Monday, September 14, 2015

Happy Birthday ...... my vaquero......



So you ....my vaquero ..... turn 58 today.   There is so much I want to say... and do ....to celebrate you ...and another trip around the sun.... and celebrate that you have chosen to take that trip... with me.

You are such a hard worker, great father, p-pop, animal lover, tree man, friend, and my very own vaquero.....  


I wish I could have a big celebration and give you big expensive gifts every year....like last year and years before....but this year ...that isn't possible with all that we have going on and coming up.  So I was racking my brain about what to do ...like the little drummer boy ...the gift(s) I bring to you on your 58th year are quite meager in comparison.   If I could "play you a song" or even sing one in tune ...I would.... but those are not my strengths,  and you still love me ! 

The last (almost) 4 years with you have been eventful to say the least.  So much has happened BAD during this time we have been together but because of you .... when I think back on them ,  I smile.  You have loved me, comforted me, protected me and helped me to come through some of life's biggest challenges and heartbreaks ..and given me more to look forward to...when without you that may not have been possible.

You are a "fix it" ,  "problem solver" kind of guy.  You don't like for something , even me,  to lie broken without giving it your best shot to fix it... make it better .... and when you can't ..your frustration shows.   But unlike items that frustrate you,  you don't throw me or "toss" me aside... you like to tackle me HEAD ON ...

We have such a unique relationship.  We have known each other in so many different ways for almost, if not, 20 years now.   We have first and foremost been FRIENDS ...and that is so important to me and us and our lives.  I am so lucky to have a best friend like you, who ....allows me to be me.... and loves me all the way,  It is my hope that you too feel that way about me.   There are very few people that I can sit quiet with...for hours on end and feel content.  I hope I am that person...that comfort ...for you too.  

You are a strong man,  a man of pride..... a RISER..... as the song goes..but when it comes to me ,  there is none.  Even Sherry, who knew you for such a short time,  so wisely wrote on our bulletin board  ... "love has no pride" and said ..that was us.... she could like other see it too ... 

I love that not only love me  ...but...you accept and love my friends, my extended family, my immediate family and my many acquaintances and embrace them as extensions of me.  You .... the "un" people person..the guy that you told me once that "people don't generally like"  are loved by ALL of me and ALL of my people.   What's not to love?  

You are compassionate, thoughtful, generous and wise.  I respect the man that you are and the couple that we are together.   I know that through everything and everyone that I can count on you.  I haven't in my life ever had someone wrap that comfort zone around me like you do, and I want you to know ...it means the world to me. I love that you tell me that you are "right where you are supposed to be."

You are young at heart but your life and lifestyle have made your body feel your age or more at times.  Through your pain and struggles with those aches you keep, "keeping on."  I know that you do this for me and us and our plans for the future.   It is my hope that it will all be with worth it .... and when you blow out your candles and make a wish that ...that wish..... will come true. 


We have accomplished, been through  and done so much together in the last few years.  Everything from drinking margaritas together, winning the coors contest (VA) , gambling in vegas (NV) , 4 wheeling on pecan farms LA, grand canyon helicopter ride (AZ), to golfing in a storm in florida... to parasailing this year in SC .. I can't wait to see and do more life with you.....

And ....even though you wont get on that saddle .... at the Road House I DO PLAN on getting you back in the saddle SOON! 


I hope that we squeeze the life out of life for another 26...you did promise me 30 years ya know.....














4 comments:

Brandee Shafer said...

Great letter. Happy Birthday to Eric! I appreciate him, too; he's always been so nice to all of us. Jim's birthday is tomorrow, and I'll be writing to him, as well. No moola for a gift, but that's okay. Things will have righted themselves by next year. :)

Fern said...

I am so happy that you have found man who loves you unconditionally and who supports you through the good and the bad! It's such a blessing to have someone in your life who loves you for you, despite your faults; because we all have faults. I can see the light of happiness and contentment in your eyes and I believe he added to the light you already had. Tell your man happy birthday!

TheFrugalFreelancer.com said...

thank you Fern .... you are so right and he said ...thank you!

TheFrugalFreelancer.com said...

Brandee...I understand the money situation, got a bit of one here too...got creative and sold a couple of my "items" to take care of that problem ASAP! :) :) but really some of the VERY BEST GIFTS are truly FREE!