Wednesday, February 4, 2015

January... the holidays , another birthday ...... and moving on.....FEBRUARY.....




Another month has gone by in 2015 ALREADY and my hibernation has worked out rather nicely.... I have celebrated another Birthday without major incident, completed a 10 day detox,  scheduled myself for some AMAZING mystery shops .... rested my torn tendon (well.... a little bit) ..... and re-evaluated a few things.



My birthday was pretty awesome this year with the beautiful cards, BALLOONS, perfume,  flowers, jewelry, special gifts,  dinner out  and a visit from my daughter for the weekend.    I couldn't have asked for much more for bday #..... well lets skip that part.... once you hit 50.... it doesn't really matter lol.....



Holidays and holiday eating  coupled with my cold weather hibernation had increased my weight ....I can see the spikes on MFP  (the program i use that tracks my weight and what I eat)  and on 12/22 I was back up about 7 lbs..... the lbs packed back on....  so on 1/24 I took the 10 day Green Smoothie Cleanse that purported that most people on the cleanse "felt better, looked better and lost 10-20 lbs after completion)


With just memories some empty packaging/ bags  and some christmas candies / goodies still left here from the holidays.... I journeyed down the Green Smoothie Path and at the end of the day I lost 6 lbs ,   my urine is CLEAR,  I started my cycle without ANY PMS symptoms (that in itself speaks volumes)  and my dark circles under my eyes have reduced - not disappeared but reduced for sure.....   

It was not a "hard" restructuring of my daily intake but rather challenging..... I did have migraines (dt'ing from my coffee / caffiene) and after they subsided the cravings for dairy and sugar were intense.... and mostly all I thought about.... so on day 10 I indulged in both cheese and a cookie....ONE little tiny lemon cookie and a splash of cheese on my quesadilla ......

I feel good about the "no soda - no coffee" and will continue that as this is the first time I have been able to be without my beloved coffee in 30 years!    I will have them now as a rare treat instead of a mainstay in my diet. 

I plan on starting on "plan b"  the 17 day diet  recommended to me by my friend, Donna, who has successfully lost 16 lbs in 17 days following the step by step directions...... so I will try that next.... I need to do that 2x to be where I "really" want to be.... 

Anyone that has followed my blogs and newsletters for any amount of time knows that I have tried many times to achieve this with success only 1 time and that was about 13 years ago.... I would love to have that same success AGAIN.... now that the "smoking" is gone nothing has really worked .... 


But what I feel best about is...... this........... THIS IS MY HAPPY PLACE......



and this...




                                           AND THIS.........




FEBRUARY...... here I come.......






No comments: