Thursday, January 1, 2015

DECEMBER ....it really did happen....unblogged happiness and the flu....all happened, yes it did




I ended November..... with a BANG a month full of some very intense shooting...and a trip to MYRTLE BEACH ....It was a working vacation.... I was so very happy to gift a couple of the last days of the vacation to a wonderful friend that shares a love of R&R  & the beach.....


I went to a Christmas Show at the Alabama Theatre, to my Favorite "Joe's Inn" , "krispy kreme" ,  joe's crab shack and some other random things while I worked and my BF played a round or two of golf..... that worked for both of us...... I love being a time share owner ....just I really really do....it "makes sure" that you take a vacation - at least one!



I worked....I did lots of shoots and lots of editing ....and then .....I got sick.... BOOOO I had to make clinic visits *yeahhhhhh ....along with previously made dental and optical and ortho appoints  (way too many for me I usually don't do that many visits a month) but deadlines and Obama Care and and and ..... THE FLU



So , I skipped Christmas....basically....I still had outdoor decor / a beautiful tree / and a few other decorations but I have really scaled back in recent years and gifted several of my pieces this year .... so that it isn't as stressful to decorate and pack and unpack my attic...I actually did something I thought I would never do....I hid a bunch of stuff....I stuffed the attic, under beds, every closet and every open drawer and still have not completely scaled down like I want to ..... I have given so much away and haven't made a dent.  Oh and I didn't skip buying gifts...that I do not believe I will ever do , but I do have a "different" plan for next year on how to handle that as well.




Christmas baking consisted of homemade Cinnamon Buns and Pecan Caramel Rolls...thats it...something quite different than the stacks of cookies I normally try to roll out but because I missed most of Christmas....I did what I could to MAKE UP FOR IT after christmas with lots of holiday traditions that were skipped...made up a little bit for some of it....and brought back an old tradition of playing family board games, something we have not been able to do in quite some time because of the ages of the kids and excluding them etc...but this has now been revived and boy did we have fun!



Now I don't want to take down anything its so beautiful and it smells so good but I think this weekend , it will be time.....but for today I am staying cozy in my bed , reading a bit and trying to brainstorm a plan and an upcoming journey and how all of this will work.....


I have a few more "shoots to edit"  a few to send into the yearbooks at some local schools and then a few links to disseminate and then it is BREAK TIME for a bit to let my torn tendon "rest" some....I hope to actually get a chapter or two started during this time for my book and break open that Rosetta Stone which was my gift to myself this year..... CANNOT WAIT TO GET STARTED TOWARDS THAT PROGRAM!



I found some NEW friends this year.....I got closer to a few that I had from before...... and I didn't spend nearly enough time with a few that I wish to get to know better..... you know who you are and it is 100% my fault, I will change that.   I also reunited with at least 3 old friends and disconnected from a few acquaintances as well....

I reaffirmed that very few people in life can really be trusted with your complete authentic self.




I did get to see but not NEARLY ENOUGH my BEAUTIFUL SISTA ...that I love with all of my heart.   BUT .....I didn't get to see my sista-cousin (who was able to visit with her bio sistas at my little natchitoches place)  or my soul sista at all this year, but hope that will be changed in 2015.  On a GREAT NOTE I  reconnected with my step sister and can't wait to build that relationship into something more solid...and of course my YA YA SISTAS are MY ROCKS and I count them in my blessings a lot..... and staying with the SISTA THEM....I have started a search for my half sister that I never knew I had until months before my father died...his biological daughter..... I hope to meet her one day....hopefully in 2015.



DECEMBER went out with a bang........ lying in bed watching the ball drop..... getting a few happy new year texts after having my RYKER with me ALL DAY,  EL CERRO  for our other family and then with some old and new friends at Deb's....always fun......



I hope to be better IN JANUARY BECAUSE AFTER ALL I AM COUNTING MY NEXT 20 YEARS of playing hard and wanna blog all about it...thanks to all that want to be part of my journey for the next 20....if you are not I hope you are doing the same in your world.....



1 comment:

Robert said...

Everything will change, pataince is the virtue of all things.