Sunday, October 12, 2014

FRESH TO FROZEN FRUGAL SHOPPING AND CREATIVE COOKING......

If you are not a reader of my "other" frugal blog...... this NOT TO MISS POST prefaces this one , so take a sec and catch up GO HERE FIRST   ...that post explains creative cooking / affrugal etc....

Now when you shop frugally , sometimes most of the time you have to use things immediately or "do something" with it immediately so it doesn't end up in the trash can instead of in a recipe.  

Today I was RAINED OUT of two very EXCITING SHOOTS... :(
it was cold and chilly so I "processed" a lot of fresh items that may have gone bad if I had not paid immediate attention.   

I also did not take out my camera at all so the photos here do not do the items justice and do not qualify as an awesome foodie blog post that I strive for on occasion because I was in a hurry and trying to get a lot done in a little time.....



Anyone recognize the food mill?   I have had and used this for years ...best way I know to de-skin and de-seed tomatoes....couldn't use it because of the arm injury but thankfully YES I was able to crank it today..... a bowl full of decapitated tomatoes later.... I had a cast iron pot of tomato juice...... I was able to make enough sauce after dicing and splicing another bowl full on onions/peppers/ mushrooms and spices.... for 3 sittings...starting with BAKED SPAGHETTI 


YUMMMMMMMMMMM BAKED SPAGHETTI FROM THE BARE TOMATO UP....HEALTHY TOO!

and Wheat dinner rolls for tonight...... and desert?   used that 50cents (frosting-less) boston creme I bought the other day and some gourmet frosting that I put together with that leftover chocolate from the fabulous s'mores bar we had at the Engagement Party.... check this out....


BEFORE THE PARTY READEY TO ROAST AND BOAST....OMG ...



PHOTO CREDIT:   D.L. REYOLDS ^^^ SMORES BAR IN ACTION.... BEAUTIFUL


THS IS the RESULT of the CREATIVE COOKING + AFFRUGAL SHOPPING:


ALWAYS USED A DOUBLE BOILER BEFORE BUT LEARNED TO DO IN THE (YIKES!!) MICROWAVE TODAY!



AND REMEMBER THOSE FREE BANANAS FROM THE OTHER POST?     I put a layer of bananas , 2 layers of blueberries and one layer of figs on the dehydrator , will take them off and bag them up tomorrow a.m.!  




I am so tired....but have several things accomplished!  and this VIDEO was the KICKER.....I learned something new and can think of lots of ideas...as I am a lover of limes (lemon verde) .... anyone can tell you that..... .this video speaks of lemons but I adopted it for my limes!  YEAHHH!

WATCH THE VIDEO and VISIT THE BLOG TOO , LOVE IT!


the blog:    LOVE IT:   GREENLITEBITES    hope you enjoy!  I sure do

No comments: