Friday, October 3, 2014

ELBOW GREASE and TENNIS and SUCH

note:  nothing wrong with elbows/arms...wrists ...no problem-o......


OK ....I was a tennis player in college and I never got "tennis elbow" ....I love(d) to play and came in 3rd in my "class tournament" in college even though I was twice the age of most of my competitors....when I graduated college I had no one to play with so I put my youngest daughter in lessons and we would "banter" here and there.

I also love ping pong....haven't played in a few years because again...there isn't anyone around who wants to play or take the time to play with me anymore.   I never got ping pong elbow either.

I have worked on the computer for 15+ years ...never had carpal tunnel nor developed any problems with my elbow.  I have ergonomic mouse and mouse pad but not on my keyboard because I don't use it that much but I also don't sit or use the keyboard correctly and never have developed any thing like repetitive motion disorder or elbows or joint problems .

WHY?

Because I have always been active and had pretty decent muscles and strength for being a "girl" in both my calves and my forearms and upper arms too....skinny, pregnant or old ,  I still maintain activity and strength....

UNTIL NOW.....

yep I overdid it.... I knew before going that 3 shoots with 30 minutes in between may not be a good idea and I may be a little sore carting around a big ole lens or two with extra battery pack with 6 AA's in it instead of the normal sized back up battery..... I knew it would be sore muscles for me for a day or two...

NOT 3 OR 4 MONTHS .....what the heck was I thinking?

NOW ..... ibroprofen prescriptions, cellabrex , naproxen, elbow braces, compression braces, pain relief meds and lotions and arnica and finally an MRI later....

I have piles of laundry that need taken care of , piles of things that need moving and lifting and it hurts to even drive, honestly.   I can use my camera though..... I almost forget I am injured when I am in the moment and I have a tripod that has been wonderful for the studio.   My editing , well....that is a different story.  i am good for about an hour.   I used to could ....go marathon editing while I watched tv for hours and hours... nope this injury is not letting me do this..... and it just isn't fair.

I HAVE ..."moderate lateral epicondylitis" or commonly called "tennis elbow" of moderate level with possible small tear in the tendon "they say possible"  but follow that up with a "PROBABLE"  and I now have a referral to "ortho" thanks to the free clinic of powhatan..... and ACCESS NOW .....which takes care of people that do not qualify for medicaid or gov. program but don't have health insurance, nor a large income.....yea thats me ..... and I don't even play tennis , not even ping pong for goodness sakes.   They say they are probably going to want to do an "injection."  I am not sure about this AT ALL...
I have been icing it as they suggest , but probably not enough and I do take glucosomine but not everyday and I really can't stop using my arm as they suggest either.   I did find a very expensive brace "set" that uses both ice and warmth that sounds to me like the most PROBABLE relief for me for the next several months.... until I can rest it "a bit" but I am afraid.





My shoulder and my wrist have been taking up for my elbow, my elbow is weak and they are taking up the slack and they have begun to ache.  Not the muscles.   They are fine.   It is deeper than that...its the "connectors in there that are aching"   ....  I want to heal my arm .   I want nothing short of a miracle please ....a bonafide "magic kiss" that will take all of the pain away without any shot...muscle atrophy nor surgery of any type.




my mind races and things about....
Deep massage, ice and heat and maybe some anti-inflamatory stuff and YEP I think I may look up an acupuncture and give it a good try and the very least?  I think I may order those expensive braces..

I am not sure what to do, I have to wait a week before I can call to see an ortho, it takes a bit to push the paperwork around office to office and my to do list is long.....I am thankful for patient customers / clients and people in general that care and ask and offer advice,  I need it..... and I need lots of it.   


Where I normally could just lift that camera up with one arm and one swift movement,  now its two hands and every move is intent-ful and purposeful  and its that way with everything.   


WWW.CLOSETOHOME.COM .... CREDIT ^^^




NO ITS NOT BECAUSE I AM GETTING OLD ......ITS BECAUSE I WAS STUPID and TOOK ON TOO MUCH FOR ANYONE , not  a 50+ YEAR OLD so DONT EVEN GO THERE LOL ....I will set ya straight....

I am shocked at how many people have had or have experienced this and I am also shocked at how much a "probable or possible small tear" hurts on top of it, it sounds so "benign" .....but this is crazy ridiculous at almost 4 months ....

The doctor said it could get progressively worse and the other doctor said it could get progressively better, hows that for a 1/2 full  1/2 empty perspective LOL......  



I INTEND ON LAUGHING IT WELL...HOW ABOUT THAT? 


In any case,  I won't let it get me down.....Imma keep looking for that 1/2 full option..... YEP TRUE DAT!


COMPRESSION BRACE:  RIGHT ELBOW .......see it......?  





WHAT? ??????




2 comments:

Brandee Shafer said...

When you heal, we'll play ping-pong. I love it, too. Do you have a table?

TheFrugalFreelancer.com said...

yes !! i have a regulation table and nice paddles..yes yes yes!