Saturday, August 2, 2014

MAD SCIENTIST IN THE KITCHEN....creates "pearl cupcakes"

OK there are not any selfies that are going to be posted with me covered in icing (which occured)  ,  nor will there be any recipe as there was none that I followed.... LOL....but.....I have to share my kitchen experiment today.

You know how sometimes the more "sloppy" the food the better it tastes?  well..... this is the story.....

Some great friends that I do real life with invited us over for dinner tonight..... they are making some Seafood and some other awesome goodies and we are going to practice our pool skills....
on a "go-pro" style Sharper Image Briefcase....



So I ask her ,  "what do I bring?"   well,  I have been saving the "goods" for a particular cocktail we tried at the Mill some years ago...  GINGER / PEAR & Simple Syrup..... and something sweet to munch on....




OK so now this is where the madness begins....I look around and grab my STACYS BAKESHOP POUND CAKE CRISPS and I happen to have had some STRAWBERRY CREAM CHEESE too...good pair up and that along with some Champagne Cobbler...yea that should have done it 






but NOOOOOO ,  I had to have some chocolate something....what would it be..?   Cupcakes?

Cupcakes?  I thought lets play cupcake wars....without the timer....... and I start to Creating....
LOL .....Chocolate Scratch Cupcakes.... plus um some coffee Liquor and a french vanilla filling with butter cream AND glaze frosting.... Oh Yea BABE


Well,  the result was I lost in PRESENTATION ....... but I think TASTE and CREATIVENESS 
I "took the cake"  LOL.......   I did some computer searches trying to brainstorm and nothing really "hit me"  so I just started my stand mixer and my hand mixer (with a bit of limitation due to my arm injury -yes going to the doc monday about it- way overdue)

I started mixing and fixing and all of the sudden the cupcakes were exploding in the oven....they are soooo good tho....here you can SEE the results of:  PEARL CUPCAKES....  Sloppy ?  yep?  Tasty Too....melt in your mouth French Chocolate & Vanilla Cupcakes with Glazed Butter Cream Vanilla Frosting ...and a Pearl or Two..or Three....


EXPLOSIONS IN THE OVEN

SOME MORE SO THAN OTHERS ! 

oh boy they smell good

making the GLAZE.....

TO ADD TO SOME BUTTERCREAM and a CAN OF DUNCAN HINES VANILLA

PEARLS TO GO......

you see there wasn't quite enough frosting to cover these cupcakes, they had very large muffintops

kind of like the muffin tops a few of these could create..... OMG they taste good!

So gotta work on that presentation....one day .... !