Wednesday, January 29, 2014

My Bucket List......



So I have seen the movie and read many people's bucket list(s).    I am intrigued and motivated to make one of my own.

I am a list maker by nature and when I "get down to business"  or "on a mission"  I write lists like nobody's business and diligently cross things off that list until some satisfaction sets in.   Sadly, on a daily basis I am a procrastinator,  from getting out of bed after I wake up to going to sleep at night and everything in between.   I stay "busy" and sometimes that "busy" doesn't allow me to get anything done.   I know that sounds like an oxymoron of sorts....but TRUE DAT!

Automated calls take much longer than I can type or talk and when I get an "automated" person reading a flip chart its even worse.  Things take so much longer than they used to and it isn't because "i've slowed down"  I am chasing my own tail most of the time and most of those that know me are nodding their heads as they read this .  "Busy" is a word that is often used to describe me.  My kids even tell me that I am "too busy"  but ..... honestly ..... so are they.   We all are busy because we are DIY society and work constantly to stay "in one place."  Like running on conveyer belt most of the time is how I feel.

I get behind..... and I am behind on my very own "Bucket List."  I am a bit over the half century mark and I have to write a will and that should be #1 on that bucket list.  I have done neither.   I talk about it but..... I don't ...... I procrastinate.   I want it to be "right"  its almost like if I make a mistake on my bucket list.... I can't change it or something .  Its like if I write it down ,  it has to happen or I would be disappointed to not have completed it.

Then there is the other thought ....... if I finish or complete my bucket list...... is it "over."  or do the unspoken rules say you just keep adding to it..... or you make it so long to begin with that you know you can never finish it, and after you die people will be sorry you didn't "take that trip" or "write that book" or what ever it is that was left on the page without a line through it?

So ........ I work better..... clearly ...... with short term lists ...... and baby step goals in every since of my life and what I do.  I act like if I put a foot down too hard it may land on a land-mine..... its that learned behavior thing..... so my bucket list will start with ....

Make a Will...... and I will do that "tomorrow"  ........."maybe" ......

So scratch that ^^^ Make a Will...... and I will do that "tomorrow" ........"maybe" ....


MY BUCKET LIST:

Live Each Day as Fully as I can,  help as many people as I can,  get my 4 "piles" and hotspots taken care of in my house so I can "breathe" and then think about the Bucket List again..... With a little help from my friends......


No comments: