Friday, August 30, 2013

"THE ANJIE EXPERIENCE WINNER " The Journey........ part 2

"
"CHRISTA"  is my NAME.........


not "christy" not "christine" and not "christina"   ......... I kept calling her everything but her name.............. I apologized over and over............. I tried not to make excuses but I did....... "I just have a lot of "CHRIST" names around me this days and that is not a bad thing!   I just have to get the "end part right"  Then......I looked up the name in the name meaning "baby names" book that I have and YEP that is the meaning a "follower of Christ"............ 

 Her Facebook.......... shows her .......... getting Baptized in the James River... so  yes..... the meaning of her name... yes ...  that part is right! :)

I wanted to "mirror" the essence of Christa in our Adventure......and make memories that were about "her."  Sometimes being a mom, especially a mom of 5 ........ causes a loss of the sense of "self" as being a mom necessitates "self-less-ness"........ so the correct "mirror" I had to dig for............




Her Facebook page also introduces me to a Mom, a mom of 5 boys, a wife,  a cheerleader, a band follower , a Steelers fan......and a person that wears many many "hats."

 
I decided to look up the more "trendy" and "recent" meaning of  CHRISTA on the URBAN DICTIONARY  and just like any other dictionary the first definition is the most accurate or most commonly used so here it is............

CHRISTA:  Noun: Christas are intelligent, thoughtful, compassionate, open-minded and kind. Christas are comfortable being a dork because they're sexy as well. Christas have a natural talent for creating great food and doing all they can to please the ones they love. ........  Christas love to fall in love............. and....... 
I wanted to capture those things ........

 I also found out ............ CHRISTA is an IRISH NAME.............so there was no doubt in my mind with her red hair and Irish roots......... it was a NO BRAINER....... the ICONIC O'TOOLES would be the next stop on the Anjie Experrience..............




I talked to Christa about her interests and the very first thing she said was "piano" but ......... she didn't own one................. so when I decided that O'tooles would be the perfect choice as a venue on our adventure and she said "piano."  Memories of the O'Tooles Piano man flooded through my head.  "IRISH ROSE and DANNY BOY...... yea..... that old beat up storefront piano was embedded in my brain, but it was WAY back there.  I wondered if it was still in existence and if it was.............. could we use it ?    I called the Manager,   I have friends that worked here and gave me her name ........... YES she stated....... we can use it for the shoot , if we would come "before the rush" and "we were having lunch there , right?"   BUT OF COURSE WE WERE......... !  :)  SMILE SMILE SMILE!   Then she added,   "I don't know if your memory is serving you right because "how cool this piano is ........... is questionable."  :) 


 OH YES !   THIS IS DEFINITELY A VERY COOL PIANO




Christas Boots and Fingers Gave the Piano a new Life ........ or was it the other way around?












NEXT IT WAS LUNCHTIME............. LETS SEE WHATS ON THE MENU?.........




OH YEA!  WE BOTH ENJOYED SOME LIVER AND ONIONS and I EVEN INDULGED IN MY FAVORITE :  KEY LIME PIE.......... but the menu lived up to its name "GOOD TIME AND GREAT FRIENDS"  WERE STILL BEING FOUND RIGHT HERE......... IN THIS OLD TIME, BEAT UP, BUILDING in the HISTORIC and ICONIC  

O'TOOLES


We found all kinds of goodies....... the steeler's hat was a bonus....... as that was one of Christa's interests as well........ and this tiny piece of my own ancestry looked down upon me right above the booth we got seated into.  Ironic? Coincidence?  


Nahhhhhhhhhhhhh we were meant to be here.

No comments: