Thursday, August 8, 2013

Prayer Meeting of the Blogosphere............



My "blanket friend"  Brandee started "an old fashioned prayer meeting of the blogosphere"  she personally invited me to participate via PM and it kinda...... took me by surprise because she knows I don't pray out loud except the Lords Prayer and Now I lay me down to sleep.  Otherwise my prayer is quiet, silent or in the form of "I will pray for you." 

Brandee from SMOOTH STONES and  BETH from GRACE EVERYDAY are the only two people I let pray for me outloud to me in person or on the phone and have on my voicemail.  I don't think they know how much this has meant to me over the past two years..  I know I have someone in the background rooting for me and my journey with God because of these two incredible women who have shared the most intimate of my "brokenness" times of my life in the past several years and from afar at times.  I approach with some caution as ........ I am not sure sometimes ............ but these two women..... I dunno make me doubt my doubts! so with that all being said................

When I say I will pray for you I'm not sure if I am heard but it is a leap of "faith" if you will.  I am quiet and I concentrate or meditate something that I give to my God......... just like I give a note or worry or something to remember to someone,  I give it............. I truly give it out there QUIETLY , SILENTLY or via typing .... not words or shouting.  I do sing them, but again its private.  I would love to go to confession just once to confess this to see what penance there is or class or what...........

I feel like I should be able to do this......... as much as I have prayed in my time I should be able to share it as I share a tale or worry that is here on earth to a friend, but ........ its hard to do and maybe typing will help


So here goes...........

"Lord help me contribute something to this prayer group in some kinda way........... that speaks to you ...... and speaks to them......... and makes me learn to share my conversations with you?  is that like breaking confidentiality?  I need to know that ..... maybe the blogosphere prayer meeting has an insight on this?"



3 comments:

Brandee Shafer said...

I love you, Anjelina. I don't know if you saw my comment on the post last week, but I read recently that prayer is the one thing at which we can't fail. To try is to do. To try is to succeed.

You know, God already knows what's in our hearts and minds. He knows what we're thinking, what we want to say, and what we're trying to say. So why pray? Well, God wants relationship with us. When we pray, I think He honors our efforts in drawing close. My prayer warrior friend Billy Brown would tell you that prayer is our opportunity to participate in the work of God. And I do think there's a peace that comes, knowing we've prayed or turned something over to God, whatever the outcome. Don't you?

I love that you put up the shot of the Academy. I still remember that night as if it were last. The church bells ringing through the dark streets of Mercersburg! I swear I saw my own girl ghost.

love you

Fern said...

Anjie, I too struggle with my conversation with God. I believe He's there and I *feel* His presence. I simply struggle with an actual conversation. I pray for others, but find it hard to pray for myself. I bet I am not the only one. Like you, I don't pray out loud and I don't shove my beliefs down other people's throats. I don't EVER want to turn someone away from God by trying to force my faith on them.

I do NOT think it's breaking a confidence to pray out loud, especially if you aren't revealing something about someone else that they wish to be private. When we are praying for ourselves, our friends, our family, our church, our needs there is nothing wrong with sharing it with others. Only keep things close that are private.

Love you lady and I when I say I am praying for you, I mean it :)

TheFrugalFreelancer.com said...

testing one two three