Sunday, July 28, 2013

we were on our way..............Part 1

We had a busy morning......... my BFF and I don't like to go too long of a span of not seeing each other but life on one side of the river (or the other) throws curve balls of all sorts.    Karen was supposed to be in Florida this past weekend and therefore had not made definitive plan B plans for missing her upcoming vacation.  

I seized that opportunity to ask her to just hang out with me running errands , keeping me company while I get some work done..... it always equals ....... lots of "catching up time and doing the "sex in the city style" pow-wows about things you just dont afford yourself to have often.......It doesn't happen often,. 

We started our journey meeting for breakfast at "Waffle King."  (hahhaha)  and then meeting our respective appointments to give blood for their drive that day.   Karen got one for the record book and showed up before me and texted me to make sure I "got it." LMBO......... 

YES she beat me there and already had a table when I arrived.  We ate until we were fat and happy, laughing , talking and cutting up through breakfast and  then we were off to get our free Tshirts and info to put in for a free $40 oil change!


Oil changes are something you have to pay for any way and give something that could change a life .  You never know.  With my history, I have seen it "at work" in the nicu and I know the need for blood that can be given there ,  and that is just one unit, one wing of the busy one hospital that sits in Richmond City , MCV.  ..
ANYWAY........... there we go from breakfast with our Map-Quested directions to SHARON BAPTIST CHURCH ,
 

We were using karen's phone that should be called a "phoneformer"..... kind like the transformer ...... It morphs from phone to gps to camera in an instant and she even talks to it!   We got there and got there over an hour before the event I was covering  should have been over.    No one ............ NO ONE ........... was there ...........just us......... so we took a peek around and took a couple of images and got on our way....................


We pulled over a couple of times taking photos with her phone and my camera...... of some interesting sites along the way , no worries , no cars behind us and images....... everywhere

 



 And then I saw this place, this place that  I wanted to stop and buy an window.............when that happened it was just like coming through a window.............another type of looking glass............. and it only got better from there........... we paid our money for our new treasure with a fist full of coins and a dollar billl and we were all smiling....... and making note that I needed to revisit with a truck........ and blankets.......... to collect some goodies
 


 After snagging one old window................ I spotted a bush that resembled a walnut bush, except it was shorter and fatter.  Yea this tree / bush had thorns and the fruits smell kind "citrusy"   I had to ask the lady that was busy working in the yard,and interrupt her one more time to ask a silly question........"about that plant?" ........ "oh you mean the Devil's wings" "what?  "What in the world is that?" .... she walked and I drove back to her property (back and forth and back and forth and not far at all) to answer my silly questions and the more I asked the more I learned....... the then the adventure got kicked up a notch......... (that will be part two.......)   and you will see the "devils' wings" are like horns ...... with an "gothic" look........ look closely.......... there's bound to be a story about it,  I got a clipping (with permission) and trying to get a quick answer on how to root it?   ANYONE? 

                                                                                





FEW TOYS and FAMILY MEMBERS FOUND AROUND THE GROUNDS........30+acres












I told her I was going to call the "pickers" on them!



 STRAIGHT FROM THE IMAGINATION OF THE BROTHER IN LAW
"coolest chair on the lot"  ~  Sarah G.





2 comments:

Brandee Shafer said...

Right up my alley, and those images are gorgeous.

TheFrugalFreelancer.com said...

thank you my brandee! we had a good time, I hope to post part 2 tonight after tacos / margaritas, it may be manana!