Saturday, July 13, 2013

A few minutes in my yard.......counting my blessings........... a photo essay

some hidden treasures amongst the yellow jackets, ants and storm wreckage.......... and the
 weird stuff growing in the lake... and the bowed boards etc..... I have a few areas that I just love here are a few of them..... not ALL of them mind you but a few places I look that makes my heart beam ,  I can't wait to one day have it done where I can "enjoy it" I have had set backs in my journey..... inchworms and insects and time and money have all slowed down the process ......and time has eroded the soil.......... and sand.... so with all of that being said feast your eyes on the things that make the other not matter...........



For my BUDDY - FLIES......... and humming birds......... can't wait til they all fill out!!!



I have an entire "sharon and the bee" study to post ......here is the beginning 





A purchase from the Powhatan Annual Yard Sale............ if you look closely you can see me leaning down taking the photo in her gazing ball..... thats kinda neat...... I should have planned better..... :) 



One of the few plants that survived the front yard island massacre  earlier this year..... I am so happy it made it , its purple and contrasting colors make me smile





I have LOTS of disappointing yellow blooms in my garden.  My garden that normally makes the best volunteer Pumpkin, cucumber, catelope and squash ..... this year has millions of yellow blooms and NO FRUIT TO BEAR....... its raining and watering it plenty, the one year I have nothing to show for the composting I do all year long , except of course the great soil I grow....... well ....... one thing that once again did not disappoint is my yellow rose of texas..... for the past two years its been kicking butt........ happy again



My beautiful FULL AND PROSPEROUS herb garden boasts a few other items in it besides herbs......right now its overun with my favorite pink and purple flowers. and a few hostas that LOVE this placement...... see how happy they are ?   I am seeing lots of beauty where it used to be "ruins" now just need to get that rain barrel system in place ! :) 



Mr. Gnome has lived here a while and doesn't ever want to be in another place (if I ever move he will not have a choice) but ....... the lily of the valley, impatiens and my favorite purple and pinks (don't know the name) keep him in a colorful happy world underneath my giant bushes out front.......




see the little buggy in there?  ugh.........this is the blooming columbine that keeps my heron statue company twice a year! 






MY BEAUTIFUL BLEEDING HEART THAT I ALMOST KILLED AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SUMMER COMING BACK QUITE BEAUTIFULLY...... I hope I can keep it awhile ..........does anyone have luck with theirs?  all year in va?









A BUNCH OF FAIRIES PLANTED SOME SHROOMS IN MY YARD THIS AM...... was kinda magical even tho I want some DRY WEATHER SOON!!!!!!!! 

4 comments:

Susan said...

Absolutely beautiful my friend!!
Susan Hatcher

Brandee Shafer said...

Gorgeous photos, and, you know, I think I like the very last (shrooms) the best. Beautiful texture.

Susan said...

Absolutely beautiful my friend!!
Susan Hatcher

Vicki Polo said...

Blessed blessed blessed! You are blessed my dear.