Sunday, July 7, 2013

A day without my "looking glass"


photo by :  jack bellamy  :)


Some days ............ I don't have my camera and you will here those tell tale words, "where is my camera"  or "I wish I had my camera" and its almost like I don't know how to do life without my extended appendage.......... my camera. 

I engage in everything that I do "through a lens" or through the looking glass, seeing what I want to see , focusing in on what I choose.   I admire and remember from the fruit of my labor my images after they are taken and edited and some of them shared.  Others are pushed aside and forgotten for a moment in time until I go back and look through them and surprise myself with the memories that I would have forgotten without my looking glass.

The details are recorded and become my memories.  Each memory has a feeling with it.  Some good, some bad.

The other night ......... I watched some fireworks from the hot tub.... and I fought the urge to run inside dripping wet and grab my trusty and dusty black nikon..... but I knew once I did I would have a bunch of settings to adjust and in the mean time.......... I may miss the show........

So it dawned on me....... sometimes the looking glass....... my memory recorder can "take me out" of the feeling , of living in the moment.........

and I stayed in the hot tub and felt all of my senses light up.... the warm water and the jets beating on my skin......... the stars ........ and the fireworks and I saw them ALL ........ not just what I was focusing on ......that second.

my camera .......... I love it.......... I miss it when its gone........... but I learned that I am not handicapped without it........ as a matter of fact...... I may have been "missing" a thing or two..... looking through that glass...........

1 comment:

Susan said...

Great post, Anjie!