Friday, May 10, 2013

this was 2012...........the yard in transition....... again. :)


OK this was posted in late may/early june last year............ it is what we have done to the yard so far to eridicate the poison ivy and the fungas that does not allow tomatoes to grow and  got the herb garden put together........... it looked pretty good ... especially in bloom,  I bought a bunch of goodies to go in this year and still have oregano and rosemary and a cool rain barrel my sista got me..... 2 of the 5 hostas that karen gave me made it .... so I will update the after ....... once we get the new stuff I bought today in.........

















this was the island after the clearing of everything and I mean everything......that was in there,  now today I went out and took advantage of many 50% plants and others "not so much" to work into both of these beds.  I had also brought a couple of plants outside that are literally "dying" for some sun (namely my aloe that was overwatered)  today....... I went to WALMART and found some red stickered items...... (yea) and I also found a "mismarked" item by upc / system that was supposed to be one price that was another... ( I could have collected the $3 mispriced item guarantee but felt they may think me "greedy" if I did , so I left that part unredeemed)



 
Our garden last year was mainly the best cantelope ever, and some free cucumbers but these were our plants that put out all year.  the lemongrass was the bomb from our friend malou and bill....my generous friends.

another one of my really good friends is following a container / box garden book and getting some really good results, I will be so happy to borrow her book and learn what I can from her and the book....... so exciting she is even learning to make ice cream and yogurt and loved the idea that I may be able to share some lavender as a culinary treat when added to vanilla ...... that I still have yet to try but am excited to learn about.   ... will update that as well (hopefully) ... when my lavender comes in bloom?  anyone have advice for me? 

My photos very soon will update these areas and a few more as the metamorphisis continues and the eradication of poison ivy and ants and such that are hard to battle ..... you have to destroy almost everything ......and begin again.....rebirth, reborn into something else....... 

like the caterpillar and the butterfly.....
^^^^^
another hint for what is to come   

today I started............ and found this so I am at the mercy of prayer and luck that I do not come down with this on our quest to make this stuff better, it just persists amongst the beauty.... poison ivy...........



  ......amongst the yucca...... amongst the beauty..... there lies the poison........I won't give up....


 now........... for some more inspiration................. here is one of the things that will appear this year.......inspiration from several  that I follow on pintrest 

linda thompson   
is one of them ^^^


****had some assistance from alice b. for helping this one begin this year (more on that later) this is her creation: so very beautiful....... I cannot wait to see what the one that alice brought me turns out to be check this search out here for even more great ideas............


 








No comments: