Tuesday, April 30, 2013

SMALL TOWN AMERICA................ AMEN

"Dear God, thank you for my life in small town America. Amen"~ BRANDEE "G"

PHOTO BY BRANDEE SHAFER (AWESOMENESS...........look really close and you will SMILE REALLY BIG

 My girl ,  Brandee wrote those words above ^^^^^ touched my heart because she means it , she means every single word of it with her whole mouth , soul and heart and typing fingers. 

People tell me that when I smile, I smile with my whole face........ and I think I pretty much do that with everything I do ............. "with my whole"  ........... Brandee and I share that.   

She is between a daughter, a BFF and a sister to me........... I have no title for her because I have never had a friend bring me so much "comfort" just by being my friend with her "whole" soul.   She has shared her children with me, all 4 of them.  I feel so lucky to be part of their lives as my own children and grandchildren are "scattered about" just as her biological (WONDERFUL BIO FAMILY BTW) is.   

I recently visited a cousin in Louisiana and shared "my Brandee" with her from afar, by telling her about her , her blog and how she teaches me without even really trying.  She teaches me about some things in the Bible ........but most importantly she teaches me through her very very very strong Faith in God, a faith that I am not sure I can ever acquire, with my "whole" everything I've got like she does.  ...........  (Brandee's Blog "smooth stones" tells it all)

I just wanted to share with you through "our" photos , this is a montage of hers and mine........ a few of our times with her GIRLS.......she also has two STUNNING BOYS mind you but ...... her girls and I have shared many breakfasts together over the past few years.......  :) ........she and I also share a love of writing, photography and ........ being........... I hope you can see this through some of our images.....  

Sometimes........... images speak louder than words 







CLEMENTINE THE WILD ORANGE IN THE ORANGE FRISBY MOBILE HAS MANY SPECIAL MEANINGS TO ME




Lip gloss at the mall........



MADE ME CRY.........






and then I saw the ultrasound of "chip"  but that is a totally different story..............be still my heart............more on that later.............made me BAWL!

Dear God.............thank you for my life experiences with "my brandee" one of the special people that makes small town america more enjoyable for me............... AMEN
 

2 comments:

Fern said...

I have a friend, who I have never met face-to-face, who gives me peace and faith that she doesn't even realize she is giving. She says I do the same for her. I am so thankful God brought this woman into my life and I am so thankful for her! So I totally understand what you are talking about!

Brandee Shafer said...

I think I've lived here, by now, longer than I've ever lived anywhere. But it's only been in recent years that I've come to consider it home. It took me a long time to find the people (like you!) whom are meant to belong to me, here. A wise girl (Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz) once said: "If I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own back yard. Because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with!" We love you, Anjelina! So much!