Monday, January 14, 2013

MENAPAUSE? maybe?


Last Year............... I was married, Nora aka "little big girl"  was not............ we spent some Girlfriend time in N'awlins with her fiancee "Hot Rob." We got together and got into it ........every minute of it carpe diem, have fun in peace and with people you trust to be you ................any form of you.............even blatently you.

We had a great weekend that weekend.  We had a catastrophe and a life changing decision made and basically signed sealed & delivered ........ before I came down i was ready to explode, vent, and party....... and with people that I had trusted for many years............. and still do.

now............thats the bad part because everyone of us are basically the same age and at different levels of our age development, just like in high school each one of us had a bunc of things going on and we compared when whys and hows and ............ what happens 1st or 2nd........... and now............ we don't talk about that "menapause stuff" in detail except in relation to a few things........... hot flashes being the #1 thing that I have heard about for years and still fail to recognize if I get them.  If changing from a lot to a little clothing during the night counts as a "flash" then I have had them but never had it intolerable or without some benefit.  IE my cold hands do warm up when this happens.   We all laugh about it, most take meds for it , I dont.

ok there is also the joints.  joints of all sizes and kinds not the kinds teens experiment with and sometimes move to other states to make money with........... show up and say "here I am" just outta the blue.  they don't have the manners that your muscles do , who actually want for you to do something mean to them to seize up on your butt............ the joints just intrude and say the opposite, I am here until you do something to make me.  My first line of defense is GLUCOSOMINE I probably didn't spell it right but I can find us all kinds of deals and ways to get this in your body, it will make you feel so good you will foot yourself to thinking you don't need it.  when that happens you will be reintroduced to those joins.  Hot Tubs are great too, we have one we are trying to get the right filters in, cleaned etc and a new top............ going to cost a lot but it will be ready.to use and enjoy along with our fire pit!   ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

now............ I have no identifiable conditions and then all of the sudden this week....... my breast start hurting like I am pregnant..............feels just like it............. like a am in puberty and complaining because I am tender , all girls know that growth spurt feeling and can probably recall this sensation.    ................. I HAVE IT AGAIN?  REALLY?   I am 50 years old.  ...................so i google this.........many many many of us have this with SURGES of hormones......... that usually coincide with hot flashes........... ok why didn't someone warn me of this one? ..............did noone else feel this?   I had a mammagram everything is ok , 2 months ago............. I have blood tests and came up b12 deficient,,,,,,,,thats not it............. NORMAL for those that have yet to go thru menapause,  all of my friends say they  have started, are in it, or are over it...............
please affirm or deny!  :)  help a girl out...............we talked about it all before ........... 



2 comments:

Susan said...

I can relate to most of this...minus the sore breast. That, is a little reminiscent of something you told me last year..........

Fern said...

Breast pain is not related to cancer in 99% of cases, so I wouldn't worry. It is likely hormone surges. It could also be fibro cystic breast disease, especially if you have changed your diet at all. Caffeine is a BIG culprit for causing breast pain. I too am having flashes and I am 47. I have been having them for a couple of years, but they are getting more frequent and more intense. I have a lot of facial flushes.