Thursday, July 19, 2012

I "accidentally" bought a violin.............well almost


BONUS ITEMS that were included in two of the boxes I bought.............free music is always good....... 


I went to the auction to buy a couple of things I had my eye on from visiting that week.............. and not knowing what exactly I was doing bid and won a VIOLIN.............without any strings or bow......... it did have a case LOL......... I bid $50............ I thought on a piece of furniture and was SOLD to me at $50 .............. the professional strength of the auctioneer.......... was evident.............he stopped the auction and backed up in front of GOD AND EVERYBODY and said "278 did you mean to buy a violin?"  ROFLMBO............... yep, it was one of those embarrassing moments when everyone stopped and looked and waited to see what happened.......
and he sold to the last person at $45 and everyone was happy.......... :)   I was red as a beet....... I am sure.........

yea..............thats pretty funny ........... and I got very lucky that I was dealing with a "pro" with "ethics" LOL or I wouldn't have been able to get the things i did want ............like this bowl.............that one dear friend has now told me she has a matching platter that she is going to "gift" to me.............





I was told about the auction last week (reminded about ) by two different friends that went and saw a vase that reminded them of me (they don't even know each other) and had visited with 3 of my fave people last week.  I was destined to go and get what I got and now I have items to share or gift or sell not sure what yet.............but .................

I went originally to try to get a deal on a wooden bench for my table, an item my daughter wanted (she commented while we were there),  a carnival bowl (if the price didn't go too high) and a box with a brass 4 leaf clover............if ...........it didn't cost too much.  








I didn't get the bench (I was outbid and it sold for $160, I was thinking $50) and I got lots of random items including 4 matching "iris" planters  for my "new" outdoor spaces I am creating............ that were not a planned buy........ $13 each was a great price for these...........that will help brighten my future outdoor oasis, that is currently "under construction" mode..............




I did get some quite random items in boxes that I purchased (3 of them) with random items in them......... I wanted a SHELL in one box (large conch) I paid $3 for the box............and also got in it a surprise PAMPERED CHEF PIZZA STONE in excellent condition...........not too shabby.........
you just never know what you may end up with you may even buy a violin by accident LOL


They sold lots of items, it was fun and I will be going back in a few weeks to see if they have another bench I may can scoop up if I can't find one on craigslist , thrift store, or somewhere before hand..........




1 comment:

Susan said...

I am still giggling at the thought of the auctioneer stopping everything in that cavernous warehouse to ask you that now infamous question.....lmbo!!! I just love you to pieces my friend!