Friday, June 22, 2012

Magic, Transformation and hard work.............sorta

BLACK & WHITE ROOM UPDATE

HERE 
was the last update on the "black and white room that we have been working on pictured to the right if you haven't been following along that link (above) will lead you to previous posts if it keeps your interest that long :) MAGIC, TRANSFORMATION and HARD WORK..........well sorta.........



One trick or tip to Frugal Decorating: repurpose items you already have, otherwise known as "shop at home" this is exactly what I did ............ in parts of this room after it was stripped and cleaned........... used items that I either "already had" or was gifted.......... the poster to the left was gifted to me "from the heart" from a GF long ago, her parents actually had it in their home and she requested to have it "for me" as she knew I would love it......... and I have kept it ever since, she gave to me in 1988, it is dated 1987 and has hung in my bedroom ever since............ it now has a new home in the black and white room besides the very beautiful N'awlins print that my GF's Vicki and Sam gifted to me this Christmas after I commented how much I love it in their home. The entire print is b&w unless you look very closely and you will find a hint of "purple , green and gold" in one small area to represnt the "mardi gras" timing of the print. You have probably already read about the gifted lamp in a previous post....... this lamp and curtain inspired the room and has been repurposed severalk times........ you will see this again I promise....... The red vase was gifted to me by my daughter without the chains that came on the item: hence the clearance bargain at Pier One in "my color" that she knew (and was right) that I would love and eventually use.............. I added gold mardi gras beads in place of the chains and hung in the room for a hint of red ........... its beautiful...........


Some other "BLACK & WHITE" items that have made it to the room but haven't been placed yet.............




AUTOGRAPHED NEW ORLEANS SHIRT BY ART & AARON NEVILLE


WHITE MARDI GRAS BEADS WILL BE THE START OF A CURTAIN OF BEADS


its been almost 3 months and I have one almost completed bathroom  (minus the light fixture in the ceiling)
and the black and white room has a few more "touches" and it will be finished as well.......... I am STUCK until I get a new area carpet, light fixture hung or ceiling fan and need to choose / order some black and white photos to go in the recessed area of the shelving.......Moving along , guest room #2 is needing attention / clearing out and I have some things on craigslist..... I need to spend a day listing (craigs list and ebay) to clear out some things..........
wish me luck!  

No comments: