Thursday, June 14, 2012

ITS WRITTEN IN "BLACK & WHITE"

 

my readers have seen this room here and there progressing as it has been cleaned and repaired..............
the was a TEEN AGERS ROOM (you know what they look like) .......
the before pictures I would have to dig out somewhere but basically DIRTY, BURNED spots on carpets along with make up and other misc. things like nail polish, broken wooden window, a peculiar smell........ fingerprints, holes in the wall (millions of tiny ones) and more...........

I needed to get this room in order rather quickly although the bathroom took precedence over it ....... and was the #1 room on my list to get "finished" I have 2 very small things to do in the bathroom (fix an outlet .......its in upside down WTH?) and clean/fix/replace? the exhaust & light in there.........otherwise that room is finished!

THE BLACK AND WHITE ROOM in progression ...............it is not finished yet but you can see where I am now (sorry I didn't take an orig. before picture but I am hoping to come across one soon)
these are the last two photos you have seen .............. they actually don't look "bad" the room had been cleaned out, painted , rearranged a bit and ........... as you can see the corner shelf was getting ready to be painted.......... in the top one...........  and that I moved the WAX COVERED (big candle spill last year) curtain from the living room into this room so that I can still use it.......... it works well!




HERE ARE SOME RECENT CHANGES.................


Shelf in corner is painted,  black armoire (freecycle.org find) moved in the room...........this is an "in progression" shot


This is the SEAT that was in this old rocker that I got at a yardsale several years ago that has been in another room in the house............... before I tore the material off ......... (see the material in the bottom left of photo ^......close up follows......)



This is a close up albeit blurry shot ^^^ of the new material that was actually a curtain that was gifted to me by my school friend, Susan G. ............ I used part of it to fix this chair (below) and hope to find someone who can sew the remainder into pillow covers for the same room soon!  Can you see the chandeliers?




 The FINISHED and CLEAN ROCKER!    it looks so GOOD in the NEW BLACK & WHITE ROOM PROGRESSION! 




SPRAY PAINTING A WOODEN TRAY that I have had for many years, bare wooden tray that was not being used ^^^^^^  



This is a new orleans print that I picked up called "new orleans lace" I bought it on one of my recent trips and now I am repurposing it  ...... I haven't finished the project yet but this is the beginning stages ^^^


 The matching lamp and a few other "treasures" that I have that have started to bring my black / white / grey and touch of red ..............room together........... even the *Urban Decay "marshmallow" flavored body powder found a place in this room~!   (**was a gda from the frugal freelancer)



I had to do it........... I framed a "John Lennon" print from the Calendar I saved for years...... thanks to the idea from my friend,  Morris G.,  and added it to the same wall as the 16x20 print I made years ago from a 2mpx camera photo that I took on my first trip to new york (2002) central park, strawberry fields......... the two are now "married" on the wall in the black & white room, they are a FABULOUS pair! 



I am a "ways" off from completing this room but I am trying to comeplete at least one project a day .............. this is the light cover my bff, karen, bought me (along with 3 more just like it) that found its way into this room with ease........ it just FIT... like a glove.........


SOME THINGS ARE JUST BLACK & WHITE........ and OTHERS are JUST GREY....... I intend on creating a small oasis of all of those colors..... in this room that now smells so good and is becoming appealing to the eye as well...... 

Stay tuned for more updates as I complete the transformation of my home the frugal and fun way....... 




No comments: