Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The "F" words.............when you make all of your efforts pay off...........

The "F" word(s) to me right now is very important first and foremost I want to say FRIENDS & FAMILY ......and then  "Finished" and "Free" come to mind instantly...... for there is also "fix" "find" and a few others too........ I am trying to get get some things FINISHED before I go in for some pretty extensive mouth surgery coming up ........ and I have had a lot of help from my Friends and Family.   I have some pretty darn good .........no not good FABULOUS FRIENDS that I would be lost this moment without.   


I am almost FINISHED with my bathroom ........ I am working all over the house along with my FRIENDS AND FAMILY almost everyday that I am not working "outside" the house I am working "inside" the house and I tell you what, its a great thing that I have such a FABULOUS job that lets me have some entertainment while working............wish has been ESSENTIAL to my mental health during these major life changes............ you know "turning 50"  FIFTY and all of that good stuff and deciding to FINALLY live FULLY........ everyday that I can...........no matter what the FINANCIAL cost of it all is.   


I have to be FRUGAL about everything I do of course ..........and living in chaos is part of that........ on hold in limbo and moving things and then moving them again and coming up with just the "right thing" to put in the newly redone rooms that have suffered and been neglected for so long.............. so do you remember this post?
Well I have a few updates and messing up clean rooms to clean up messy rooms, several trips to the dump, freecycling, gifting and going thru all of the things in my house piece by piece and with every piece make PEACE..........if that makes any sense at all...............here's where I am ..........almost FINISHED with 1 room (bathroom completely).......... minus a light FIXTURE, and making major promise in the NEW guest room............ so here is where I am.......... 



This is the shower curtain my daughter Kelly had made for me for Moms Day.............it was made from one of my photographs in Jackson Square New Orleans........... I love it................its hanging on that curved bar you saw in my previous post,, I got for under $5.....  she got a super cool elephant one for herself there too , check them out!  ***mine even has fleur de lis hooks on it.


If you look closely at this photo you will see the sections of it pictured and described below.......

  
...... and the new shower head that is one with a cord and massage options......... used groupon here  to get for under $5 shipped from Overstock after credit card statement credit! :)   ............... here it is at a distance, its a long skinny room and it was painted a bright blue ............. same wallpaper trim and had leaky faucet and dripping pipe underneath it, broken towel bar, and a toilet paper hanger that didn't fit, it had a big white medicine cabinet on the wall that I gave to a girl friend that liked it and probably had a better place for it and the trim was an off white color......... the best point of this room was the black and white tile floor ..........but there are and were issues.....I had to have the baseboard heater removed in here and part of the baseboard is missing ......that and the light that was pictured last time (still left to do) are the only things that are left to do ....... then when I walk in that room it is happy.........it is rid of any trace of unhappiness..... it smells delicious........its new..............
Note the Fleur De lis Plaques that were gifted to me by Susan Moore for my office last year, they have words of inspiration written around them .......like "dream" etc......... they hang below a clock that was a Christmas Present from Rachel........a while back , the bath mats I already used in here........ the WALLS are painted beautiful by my BFF , Eric.....and the trim........





The window......... shears I had that I had picked up to do another room in the house that "never got done" that cost me only a few cents after store coupon and rebate from shopping thru EBATES ........ I added some purple velvet beaded shears that I saved because I needed "just the right" thing to use them for again clearance / sale / coupon and rebate site Mr. Rebates........... we added the mask you see that my girl, "jelly" picked up for me in N'awlins :) ........ the peacock has always been there, I bought it on EBAY with some of my mystery shop money , but somehow got "lost" in the old bathroom , its shining along with some Mardi Gras beads with the coolest masks ever............the tie back is mardi gras beads and the rod is just a dowel hung on cast iron hooks....... easy

also purchased a rockin toilet paper holder FREE from SWAGBUCKS in nickel finish and hung a special pair of real "glass" beads there...........





 I re-purposed  the sign you see above.............from one room to another along with the canister set ......... in here they will house bath supplies and such because I went minus a cabinet. ........... this is a much better way in my book.....and looks better too.....FREE upgrade.......The trash can is the same......as always........ Canisters were a steal at OKL



 This arrangement on the counter is a mix of Friends ....starting with the smell good stuff from AMY for Christmas........ Napkins from Susan........ bloom vase I ordered for me, Deb, Diane......... and my ONE KINGS LANE priceless purchase with credit   its almost like every corner tells a story............ like it should be




 My GF, Darlene and my daughter Rachel will remember this ..........WELL ...............this was the drumstick that the drummer in AARON NEVILLES BAND  gave Rachel who in turn gave it to me, along with a signed TSHIRT by Mr. Neville himself......... was one of the best gifts i had ever gotten..........or gotten since.............this is hanging up in my new bathroom....... smile maker every time and matches the "music" theme of the shower curtain......



LUNA............ one of my gaurdian angels............shows up in almost every room of the house at least once and this room is no exception........ the light switch cover will be painted by next week.....black........




I have had this little table since I went to the pottery BEFORE my oldest daughter was born with my GF ELLEN on one of her trips to VA...............its one thing that has "held on to me" ........ LOL........ 



Repurposed items , wash clothes and little memorabilia from Louisiana are speckled around........... including this fleur de lis that was gifted to me by my other BFF, Nora....... on one of my visits to her B&A  (bed & alcohol...........true story!).......... ***365 may have that story in the future



































The cabinet below........ up-cycled the hinges,
painted the cabinet a fresh coat of white and my wonderful sista and bff bought me these super cool knobs that I talked about before, altogether they look like "home" to me! 







 

 The BEFORE pictures of this shelf were posted on the orig. post it was GREEN and not a pretty Green....... check it out........
the bottom attachment was an add on...........FREE AGAIN FROM Home Depot GC I got free for having a credit card that earns points from purchase, I think the difference is amazing.............  The paint and paint supplies have been purchased thru several avenues (my sister, WALMART Credit Card paid for a portion of it...... "where there is a will there is a way" applies here! 


Thats in for the Bathroomm...................on to the "spare room" "guest room" ....that needs to be renamed... my goal is "the black and white room" ...I am working on it still and the before and afters are not all put together..........it has made tons of progress from the last post and I got a "note" from my high school friend who is also remodeling that she has a black and white lamp and a curtain panel.........which I am thinking would make fabulous pillow covers?  I am excited......"print" shown here is a beautiful new orleans "french quarter on mardi gras at dawn" that was gifted to me by Mr. and Mrs. Polo in Louisiana who are truly my angels on this earth....... ..............  I can't wait to show you the finished product......Eric and I have been busy daily........working to repair the holes in the walls, stripped paint, burn on the carpet.....etc etc etc.........I have some cool black and white photos and canvas's for this room, and really want an area rug...........the curtain you see here is the one that the bottom was ruined by a "wax spill" over Christmas on a clearance rod....... the dresser was bought at the
High School annual yard sale .....and is covered because we have one thing left to paint in the room........the top of the shelves..... thats it...then I can decorate.......even had to replace the door jamb pieces ...... and light switch and outlet covers. can't wait to update this again soon!