Saturday, April 28, 2012

SOME FRUGAL RENOVATIONS.......... and clean up


 DO YOU REMEMBER THIS PICTURE?  ^^^^  these were my hinges that I priced online for $30+ each,  that I was going to replace in my bathroom and decided to paint them with spray paint instead........

HERE IS HOW THEY LOOK NOW........ MOUNTED ON THE CABINETS........





THEY TURNED OUT AMAZING !  DONT YA THINK?  less than $6 for all 10 of them!




MY SISTER picked out the knobs and replaced those for me from LOWES


^^^^^^^ THEY ARE GORGEOUS!  ^^^^^^
loving my fleur de lis





I spent less than $4 SHIPPED for my CURVED shower curtain bar 
USING SWAGBUCKS to collect AMAZON GC to use and
bank ...I had about $36 in AMAZON $ there (free) and got it shipped free with "prime"





I have had this shelf "just hanging around" waiting for a spot to hang it for years.....



CHECK IT OUT NOW! ^^^^^   and WAIT til you see it
when I am finished with it...... I plan on attaching a small towel rack on the bottom and a fleur de lis at the top and hanging it in the new bathroom.......



 THERE ARE A FEW MORE THINGS ^^^^ and this is one of them, that need attention in the bathroom, this light has got to go / be replaced and the bottom baseboard where the baseboard heat USED TO BE (now removed THANKS JOHN WRIGHT who I bartered work for goods with) need to be rebased (THANKS JOHN HARRIS )



THE KITCHEN & SUNROOM



This was one corner of my kitchen,  with some walls that have not been painted in 15 years (white) or supposed to be white, looking quite "ugly" and "dirty" along with the rest of the kitchen and sun room........
these are some updated pics of what we have done SO FAR....... paint was free thanks to AMERICAN EXPRESS (traded points for Home Depot $50 GC got the yellow paint, roller covers, liners and oops paint for FREE)

 

WHAT A MESS ^^^^ but see the yellow border beginning to happen?

Its amazing what a can of paint and some "sunshine" sent to me via BFF, KAREN will do





KELLY HARD AT WORK with a GREAT $7 CAN OF "OOPS" PAINT
FREE FROM HOME DEPOT



WOW!  just need to hand some ART and some LIGHT SWITCH COVERS!





LIVING ROOM STILL A DISASTER
I bought new paint for these rooms and got a $20 rebate for from Walmart...








AND YEP THERE IS SOME MORE DISASTER ............



THIS IS ONE ROOM ALMOST DONE ........PAINTED, CLEARED, SANITIZED and CLEANED
just have a FEW BURN MARKS?  CHOCOLATE? MAKE UP?   stains to get from the carpet
and redecorate....... but so far its looking and smelling MUCH BETTER............


CANNOT WAIT TO POST THE FINISHED RESULTS OF ALL OF THE UPSTAIRS.......this is just a PEEK at what I have been up to and all of the costs.......... gotta do this  the frugal way

No comments: