Saturday, January 21, 2012

Reorganizing my Life.................through my office

2012 promises to be an interesting year of "change and hope"   I know I know you heard that song and dance before but it was from someone else and I am NOT a politician..........I'm about as far from it as you get.   I have no poker face,  when I lie.......you know it .........may as well be pinnochio...... and well I have a hard time keeping my own life organized much less try to get into your business unless of course...... I gave birth to you....or claim you as a  "child of mine."

Circle of "friends"  on my "drum"
I have a circle of friends  which is a mayan sculpture that was given to me as a gift years ago......... I use it as a candle holder and it sits on top of my drum in front of my rainstick.  I don't know how to play the drum but I would love to learn.........I would love to learn how to play anything ........ musically.... really but never did...... this circle of friends changes over time, it ages and morphs ......... just like I do and they all dance to the beat of a "different drum."
and its location in my home changes but it never stops reminding me of my real circle of friends......those that I hold near and dear to my heart..... you all know who you are..... I hope.....?

My Camera Collection............well............most of it...........

Over the Years I have collected some cameras......... I don't have them all ........ but I kept some "important ones" and very recently (Christmas 2011) the very first 3 in this picture were added....... by my BFF , Karen, who saw me "oogling" my other BFF, Nora's collection during our trip to Nola.........I have owned many instamatics, 35mm, polaroids and such that I no longer have in my possession but the older ones intrigue me so much and I wonder , deeply about the previous owner of some of the cameras (my late maternal grandmother and when she may have used them?)  I have never seen any "photography" by her other than snapshots..... so who had them? bought them? used them?  and why?  I will always wonder about that.  I cherish them all and would love to one day test them all out ....... and use them and develop them somehow.... but in the mean time I will OOGLE them and just smile at them...... occasionally....




 My office is slowly getting reorganized and a "well lighted place" to just "be" ........ and when I am done my life will feel more organized too.... I am sure......... I look around and see the things that I love, that make me feel good, that I have saved and accomplished and think about how "little pieces of paper" ,  "little objects" can represent a lifetime...... that the same things found by another would hold no meaning and may even be thrown away carelessly........ "another mans treasure"  applies...


My life.......... My own little secret pleasures and memories attached to things.... just like the CHRISTMAS SPIRIT post....... things evoked pleasure by evoking memories things from the past.. its funny how a moment in time can come to you by seeing or touching something .......some  THING.... some Times....... instead of being in the moment......... getting swept away, like a book does to a different place, a different time that is "other" than your present......


I am hopeful that I can change the "present" with the past , like they say, ya gotta know where you have been to know where you are going.......as I get older (yea the calendar page turns again soon) I see it more clearly...... as I lose my eyesight my vision improves , how ironic is that?

No comments: