Friday, January 6, 2012

THE EVE.....................



I think in most situations RISING to the OCCASION is better than DROPPING......... except maybe when it comes to BALLS and NEW YEARS EVE?  I am not sure as I had not seen either until this year when I watched the rising of the ball ...... In CaryTown across from the infamous Byrd Theater...... but more about that later........ tonight



I am writing about the "eve" the eve of many things......... Christmas Eve and New Years Eve and now the Eve of my turning 50.......the eve of a new chapter in my life.




Christmas Eve was full of excitement , as that was the time that we spent time with 2 of the grandchildren and 2 of the daughters and one son in law...... and let them open their presents...... we also celebrated little Will-Yum-Yum's first bday as his bday is Dec. 23rd and he just turned one.........so he was the "king of the day."   There was other excitement as well........
destiny sure was excited to get her "one hour" massage ......
Everyone (minus 1) drew a Christmas picture on our famous chalkboard....... pizza & chicken were ordered from dominos...... 
and Craig showed up to join in on the excitement too
Sock Monkey was a hit this year!


Yes ............it was a lot of fun to watch them open their presents and enjoy their gifts.  Faith opened her laptop/tablet as her one Christmas gift to open tradition......... she was thrilled....... so the excitement of the holidays continued.......



Then there was NEW YEARS EVE...... I have had many...... 49 of them as a matter of fact.  Truthfully,  I don't remember most of them.  There are only a handful that I can tell you what actually happened..... or what I did......... THIS WAS ONE that will be added to the most memorable list......... it was full of all kinds of "lights"




candle light


Holiday Lights


Spot Lights


back lights 
Moon Light
Timing Lights 




romantic lights




And the LIGHT OF A NEW YEAR 2012


I have never seen a ball rise or drop for New Years Eve...... this was a first a memorable first.... met a few characters that night, hung around outside on cary street...... not a cup of coffee to be found?  WTH?   If someone had a notion to set a stand up next year or open up late just to serve coffee and hot chocolate I bet they would make a lot of money~!  They said you could get a cup at 7-11 down the street but they were packed with all kinds of people buying all kinds of things and you would lose your place if you went that far......


The night was Illuminating in so many ways.......... <3.......


Now its the EVE.......or the time before I am getting ready to turn 50 years old...... 1/2 a century........ and I am hoping that the trials and tribulations of the first half of a century has enlightened me to live my next "30+ years" with a RISING not Dropping of the ball.


A summer sunburn, the smile you earned, stumbles and falls, the lessons you've learned... choices you've made, your first heartbreak...simpler times, wanting to fly...mesmerized by Christmas lights...holding out, giving in, all the what ifs and might have beens... sweet sixteen, that concert you missed, your best friend and your first kiss...learning to fall, wanting it all, believing in Santa Claus...a letter you wrote, a promise you broke, learning when to say yes and when to say no...so far away life can take you, never forget the hearts that shaped you...the love of your life, the fourth of july, the times you laughed so hard you cried...the first day of ballet, hardships you've faced, all the memories along the way...it's the love you lost, the love you made... that makes us who we are today ~Sara Haze~   "Every Heart"

1 comment:

Susan said...

Great post Anjie. I cant believe William is already a year old!! He is so cute! I loved the poem/quote at the end. I always can find inspiration in your postings and writings. Love you and miss you lots.