Sunday, January 22, 2012

50 CENT PIECE....... on turning 50 otherwise known as ...more than my own 2 cents...

Cruise 2011 .........49
OK so I turned 50............ today.............thats half a century old...........


It was dreary and cold outside......... I was tired......... had a headache and wanted to watch football games , two of them........NFL PLAYOFF GAMES ........... I wanted the "49ers" to win today and play the 2012 superbowl this year since they so politely beat the Saints.........and they didn't' they lost too................ugh


WHO DAT?




 I have been told that is "better than the alternative"  interpreted "dead."  ......... when you are younger that sounds very ......... unlikely and morbid and well that it doesn't apply to you........ at 50 that does change..... and a few other things change too........ I was "warned" early in life about all the terrible things that happen when you turn 40......... almost the entire time I was 20 all the 40 somethings complained.........ALOT about being 40......... I dreaded it .......until I was 39 and my great aunt, "Letha-Lee" ......gave me wise words............ when I repeated to her what I had been told...


40s............are your prime .........remember that........ 
.. She ........being more than double my age........gave me these words "when you are 40 you are prime...remember that.... 50 you are young, 60, you are aging, when 70 you are aging a bit more, but when you turn 75............you are old." I have always looked up to this very very inspiring person in my life........ and those words meant the world to me because.........SHE ALWAYS TOLD ME THE TRUTH ABOUT THINGS IN A NICE WAY........even if they were things i did not need to hear about myself and /or others in my life.  She never pulled a punch and she was always loved by me. So hearing that I had a "long way to get old at 39" was comforting.  She has been right so far........ its all in how you look at it.........what "lens" you put on your minds eye.


At 40...........it appears its when you realize that all of those things that you said you wanted to do, and were going to do when you turned into an "adult being"  were not happening exactly like you had them planned and maybe you better start crossing things that you had on that life list off 


Really really love the people that love you...... hug them every chance you get - it doesn't matter if they are BLOOD that is a myth..... Blood IS THICKER THAN WATER but so is TAR.... does that make a difference? 
no....... we are all connected...... like it or not...... if you look in any references to the "beginning of mankind" ......scientifically or biblically...... it will make sense to you then.... we all come from the same place......prove me different on this one if you can? 


I have learned that I can do mostly anything I want to do ........and I have also learned that is ok .........not to want to do something..... to say "no." I learned this one late. 


50 means you need to check the next box on the contest entry forms.......it means you are in the next to the last box........ when you are young.....you want to get out of that first box so you can qualify for more surveys........ oh boy ......don't be so excited , checking that last box ....omg...... that isn't fun at all........I don't think my aunt that gave me that advice does contests! :)


Sports........well it appears if you play sports when you are a senior citizen you get "handicaps" which does mean "special parking" basically but it means a "bigger or small number" or a "curve"in your scoring.......so I guess you can look forward to that and then pretty soon.........you wont have to throw the ball, or kick or putt you will just get on the field and win because of how old you are?  pffff I don't want the handicap unless I can .....park where I don't have to walk as far in the rain or ....... maybe get a discount on lunch......how bout you?  Now, if I am injured or something beyond my control or pregnant.....oh heck yea........give me the physically virtual "even playing field" but ...... heck I have seen 40 year olds when I was 20 that could out play me in Tennis! :)


So yea its true.........the better you eat........ the more you eat the more muscle you acquire without cracking your knuckles and smoking are TRUE......people are not being "mean" when they tell you that, they are being mean when they insult the way you dress, or think outside of the box, or have the bravery to be different.


BIGGER IS NOT ALWAYS BETTER
Big houses = more house to clean.
Big animals = more yard to clean and sometimes house too
Big trees = lots of leaves
Big cars = big gas bills
the list goes on and on............ what i  thought I liked better was bigger wallets......bigger bank accounts..........well yes that makes life easier TRUE TRUE TRUE (so set yourself up to make a lot of money if you like to spend it) but............. I was WRONG, I even told a TV reporter 2 years ago (it was cut from the clip but I said it) ....... sometimes it is better to be penniless and happy....... I know that is hard to believe but it is true........ 


How Does it feel to be 50?  IS 50 the new 30?  HECK YEA it is for me....... at least I hope so! 


Life has not dealt me a perfect hand...... but I play them until I run outta hands.....and none of them have been a "lock."   I don't believe you can "give that to god and just forget it" like some say is possible.......... but at 50 ......you see things and experience things and people that have done this..........like the Amish communities forgive the murderer of the schoolroom of children...... are they crazy? or wise? do they know something I don't.  Katrina, Sunami survivors, tornado, flooding, oil spills..disasters on every level become your teacher of things....... at least for me........ your life .......changing events........ make you understand things differently......


My friend, Aline, I was talking about just today who lost her fiance, her leg, her spleen and many other things a few years before Katrina and was released days before it hit.........makes me understand............ YOU HAVE TO LIVE YOUR LIFE DAY BY DAY..........YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN IT WILL BE CHANGED FOREVER.........


my 50 year old self.............understands the Michael Jacksons of the world and how sleep becomes so very important to refresh the soul and how one would do just about anything to get a good night's sleep when it was "just so easy to do" as a teenager / young person.  It happens overnight..........really........overnight............ I know you think you may miss something if you sleep too much, you will........and find out what it is later....... so SLEEP when you can!


my 50 year old self...........believes that every day is a great day even the dreary cold and surfacely miserable day........ a good day because I truly was able to find a few things to put in my "gratitude" column.... if I thought about it .......my family.....my bff's..... my little grandchildren, adopted grandchildren and even a grandpuppy these days...... all make me smile ........ I love the smell of a great cup of java, a good game of backgammon, watching my favorite people dance in front of a video game, and others throw food up in the air and catch it their mouths.  I love reading my facebook message "happy birthdays" and enjoying a  Margarita or Two and ........wore a Tiarra with pink fuzzy flowers on it...... in public..... i love hearing "good morning"  everyday.





I love watching children laugh...........all children even if they are not mine



and adults too


One of my "old buddies" recently wrote to me and told me that it was funny how angels came in and out of our lives exactly when we need them, to help us out in one way or another........THIS IS TRUE........... I promise it is...... remember that saying "hindsight is 20/20?"  this is a hindsight .... that I have for you.....  and the flip side of this is ............. 


that there are also evil people that do the same thing........ sorry ....... I know people that are going "why is anjie saying that?"   it is true...... there are people that have "agendas" lots of them....... its hard to decipher who and who doesn't have them.......... well at least for some of us....... 






if you have a 20/20 on that I want in on it! 






50.................. its the new 30.......... I cant wait to see what the next 30 has in store for me...... I am changing............ I am thinking more and more about wearing purple........... more sooner than later...... Mattie............ remember you said , when I did you would too, i'm banking on that!


"You're not 50 , you are 5 - #10's!"   quote from bday card from my nephew.............best ever!

1 comment:

BzyMom said...

Everything you said is so true anj--a few more things I have found out as I have become older--it is not so hard to say I am sorry after all, it is okay to be wrong, but not okay to deny it! You gotta say I love you as often as you can to those you care about, you just never know when it will be the last time. And even though it hurts, you must talk about those you loved and who have passed on. They are still a part of the story of your life and talknig about them keeps them and their memory close to you.