Thursday, November 24, 2011

HOMEOSTASIS...............and Jimmy Buffett

when I was in college I learned a little something about this word........"homestasis"  I learned it in Biology and Psychology and Socialology.......  I guess I could look it up in the dictionary and tell you all of the definitions that are formal but instead I want to share "what I got out of it" or my way of looking at this very cool word.  One word that can describe a wide variety of situations that we as humans experience.  



I have found many times in my life that I have taken pause and didn't have a name to say what I wanted to so "completely"  So here goes nothing.........


The desire to obtain a balance between what one is feeling internally and externally so that you can continue on your journey of life authentically.   Its a state of being......... that makes one feel that a change needs to be made in one of the two environments to make them both work , like a change in your ecosystem.


This is a concept of Social Work..............I think about it many times during my own life........when I need to just breath deeply and with control....... and make some hard decisions, life changing decisions in order to obtain "Homeostasis" ...........the only way I know how to live 




I think Jimmy Buffett thinks about this same concept, don't you?


No comments: