Thursday, November 3, 2011

AUTUMN............. its a love / hate relationship for me

I love SUMMER, I love everything to do with the SUMMER,  SUNSHINE, TROPICAL DRINKS, WATER, LESS CLOTHING, VITAMiN D, FLOWERS etc etc etc................ 



and in VIRGINIA summer turns into this season called AUTUMN and its BEAUTIFUL outside!  my camera LOVES IT ,  I love halloween, and the food and the candy and all of the gorgeous colors, I even love to get outside and walk around and walk and could even RUN it feels so good .................   I love to see the wildlife that pops out and runs around , but not those spiders and bugs that try to escape the cold that comes........... and visit you indoors............


 
I am allergic to mold and sneeze and do involuntary head banging ........ when the Autumn comes ...... I HATE IT and so does my YARD ............. all the leaves ......... to rake up that as soon as you get them up, another grand fall happens and you are "covered again." I often thought ... what if I just left them on the ground .............my neighbors do, and then they BURN THEM yep they burn the entire yard, its quite amazing to see from afar, kinda scarey even.   But then you lose your plants that come back yearly, you have to do it.   I don't have a huge yard but I do have a few huge trees and unfortunately so do my neighbors ....... and their leaves don't know the boundaries of our yards.


I love that my friends are once again becoming available to meet and see for lunch.  The kids are back in school which is nice, I love photographing the football games and autumn sports at the local high school for the paper.  And the festivals are awesome in Virginia........the weather is nice and in fact there is often so much to do that sometimes it is hard to decide which one to go to , or fit in your schedule .  


I love the food, the stews, the chilli and the bonfires that happen in autumn, but I hate the extra weight that packs on my bones and the deprivation of sunlight that I have to buy from unnatural sources in order to keep my body and soul in balance.


You see I was born in the South, the deep South, near the equator and I think that I was supposed to stay there.  The allergies and the lack of vitamin D are non-existent there, they just don't happen...... Everything else does...........I love going outside at night with no coats, shoes, sweaters, mittens and hats........... year round if possible............Autumn is the beginning of the time that this stops.......... in Virginia.


The BEST part of the arrival of Autumn, is the time that we get that EXTRA HOUR OF SLEEP, time really does stop, it stands still for an hour and gives me time to catch up......... on sleep usually.  If I were smart I would find a way to use that extra hour of time to get some things done as I am an example of the old saying "a woman's work is never done."  .............. Its "fall back" and I am thankful for that.


Its a love hate relationship............ the time that things begin to die, to hibernate, to change and to get cold......... I love it .........and I hate it in the same breath............. it makes me want to run away..... to go home.

No comments: