Saturday, September 3, 2011

"THE HELP" Anjie's Version........UPDATED




GO HERE for "O" is for Octavia 
"anjies version of "The Help" 

I have the book but I haven't read it yet , but many of my friends have and give it raving reviews!
I am planning on going to the movies next week to see this and I am excited about it , but wanted to
let you know that I wrote a small vignette on my blog about the "help" we had in our family in the 60's!
I am sure that my version is not that similar to the one that is so very popular but ...... nevertheless may be an interesting read to those that grew up in my time period


Ok I did the opposite of what everyone else seems to do, I went to the movie BEFORE the book.........this way I could enjoy the movie which is always "not as good as the book"  ****almost always****** there are a few exceptions

Kelly and I loved the movie and cried like babies..........even snorted a few times, wow...........that doesn't happen to me very often............

Yes the stories and reviews about "the help" are all true, bring tissues :)

1 comment:

Susan said...

I need to hurry and go see it. I loved the book. Or maybe I'll wait for it to come out on DVD. I will probably buy that one...would be a good one to own. Glad you enjoyed it. Susan Hatcher