Tuesday, May 17, 2011

STELLER STELLA BROWNIES ARE GLUTEN FREE..............



Today I made Gluten Free Brownies by TOKIES was very easy and best of all DELICIOUS.  I was pleasantly surprised at the results ............as I was under the misconception that "gluten free" meant "not really tasty."  
Under the direction of Ms. Deb Tokarz I added about 1/2 bag of chocolate chips and about 1/2 of a bag of some awesome walnuts to the mix........other than that I changed nothing, just followed the directions.   No oil is added to these delicious brownies, only melted butter which makes them even better I think.  Tokie's sweetens with Vermont Maple Sugar............ all I can say is YUM!


When I spread the batter in the pan it was a bit "richer" in feel than most other brownie mixes I have tried which is the OPPOSITE of what I was expecting from "gluten free" mix.  I don't know why I expected it to be different but I did....... and it was not.




WA LA!  this is the finished product........oh yum............. they are very tasty........kinda perfect.......
My friend, Sally,  asked if I had any vanilla ice cream on Facebook when I posted i was going to blog about them............. I said "yes I do" with enthusiasm........... I didn't open the ice cream they so didn't need anything else! :)  If you want to try a delicious gluten free product ....this is the one.......TOKIES. Order online or pick up in Richmond area Whole Foods Store.......soon to be in DC and CALIFORNIA too!

No comments: