Monday, May 2, 2011

Day #23 from the 30 Truths

Day 23 → Something you wish you had done in your life.
I wish that I had gone to college in my younger years, regardless of what my parents and grandparents said I could or couldn't do.  I had no financial support from anyone since I was about 16 years old.   I was told that they either a) could not afford to send me or b)  I couldn't handle going to school and work and my children.   I was never given advice or encouragement where school was concerned despite my abilities and obvious interest (what kid asks for encyclopedias for christmas? jeez!)  
If I had only known that you could not only go to school for FREE but also get money towards your living expenses based on your grades , achievements and income, I would have gotten my degrees at a much younger age.

My degrees probably would not have been social work but more in the field of the arts in some way, maybe even in English, who knows ..........but I do know that I would never have become dependent on a man to pay my bills and take care of me the way that I have done and continue to do to this day.   Some people may think that this is the "life of leisure" its not ..........its very torturous indeed to have someone control what you do, how much you spend and how you view yourself in the scheme of things.   "ie:  you have a hobby not a job in regards to all that I now do working from home."  Before the "economy bust" I made enough money to not only pay my own bills and not ask for a cent of help for many years , but now a days I don't make much money at all............. after expenses......well lets say what I save (at the stores)  is a lot more than what I make and my bank accounts have dwindled.   Not only am I not a "cash cow" but I can't afford to put gas in my car without asking for help.  My credit cards are building instead of my being able to pay them off monthly.  I am needing help with my bills .............

If I have had gone to college in my earlier years and had established myself earlier, this would not be the case.    They say don't cry over spilled milk?   yea how about SOUR MILK?  

No comments: