Tuesday, April 12, 2011

DAY 20 of 30 Days of Truth...........

Day 20 → Your views on drugs and alcohol
I have done and used both, but never abused any except cigarettes and caffeine which yes , my name is anjie and I am an addict.
I think anything that can have "control" over you is not a good thing and it especially isn't good if it causes you or others harm.

I quit smoking almost 3 years ago, it was the hardest thing I have ever done...... but I did it with a help from ...

Yep , you got it .......other drugs....... Chantix worked like a miracle for me along with zanex ... and if you know me you know that this in fact was a miracle.

I can't imagine being addicted to anything stronger or longer and then try to quit....... I would die trying. 

Alcohol:  I am one of the lucky ones. I can enjoy, within reason and not worry about being addicted.  Unlike cigarettes I know how to use "just one."
I know that I am lucky in this regard and try to respect others that are not so lucky.

Illegal Drugs I have a problem with because you can go to jail, lose your license etc if you use them or even have them in your possession.  I believe that a ton of resources are wasted on the war against drugs and the government should use the demand for these products to make, distribute and monitor the usage of as they do with alcohol.  I think we could turn something thats "costs" society in so many ways into something that is a profitable business that could potentially turn around this country.  

I have seen people lose their freedom, their lives, their children, their teeth, their homes, their cookies and their pride because they used illegal drugs to self medicate. Why would they do that if they could get a legal distribution and limited amounts .


Just a thought......who am I? 



1 comment:

Brandee Shafer said...

I think differently on the subject of illegal drugs and just want to throw it out there: consider prescription drugs. I know people who are prescribed painkillers and find ways to obtain beyond their prescriptions. They do this because they are addicted and want/need more meds than prescribed. Just because a drug becomes legal and can be prescribed by a pharmacist doesn't mean that people will use only the amount prescribed to them.

I, for one, am thankful that marijuana is illegal because...I can't go into it in this forum, but I look forward to talking w/ you about it on our guac/thrift outing...