|Pie Good cell phone pics not so good ...|
- 1 premade deep-dish frozen pie crust
- 3 (12-ounce) bags frozen mixed berries, thawed (I used 3 bags of different weights)
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons instant tapioca
- 5 tablespoons of Coconut Flour
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup granola ******(I used the kind with BERRIES)
- 1 (8-ounce) container whipped topping ******(made my own)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
I happened to have the berries in my freezer that were needed for the recipe. Not the correct size for each bag but the same type. I had "organic" blueberries from the fresh market and blackberries and raspberries from here.
I added a handful of sweetened shredded coconut and another couple handfuls of walnuts that I had in my freezer to the crust.
I made my own whipped cream from heavy cream and organic sugar in my mixer............drizzled the maple syrup in (crossing my fingers that it would not "fall" ..........it didn't) and it was delish!
I used PET frozen pie crusts and this made 2 pies.......... I love when that happens. Shared one and have to say this is one of the best pies I have ever made from a recipe. Will def. make this one again!