Monday, April 18, 2011

The Best Triple Berry Pies..............

Pie Good cell phone pics not so good ...



I watched food network and got a recipe for a TRIPLE BERRY PIE and then   "Anjie-rised" it to make it my own.  Everyone knows I don't go by a recipe to the letter , EVA so ...........there was no chance that wouldn't happen here either.

Ingredients

  • 1 premade deep-dish frozen pie crust
  • 3 (12-ounce) bags frozen mixed berries, thawed (I used 3 bags of different weights)
  • 1 lemon, zested and juiced 
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 3 tablespoons instant tapioca
  • 5 tablespoons of Coconut Flour
  • 3/4 cup flour
  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 4 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
  • 1 cup granola
  • ******(I used the kind with BERRIES)
  • 1 (8-ounce) container whipped topping
  • ******(made my own)
  • 2 tablespoons maple syrup

I happened to have the berries in my freezer that were needed for the recipe.  Not the correct size for each bag  but the same type.  I had "organic" blueberries from the fresh market and blackberries and raspberries from here.

I added a handful of sweetened shredded coconut and another couple handfuls of walnuts that I had in my freezer to the crust.

I made my own whipped cream from heavy cream and organic sugar in my mixer............drizzled the maple syrup in (crossing my fingers that it would not "fall" ..........it didn't) and it was delish!

I used PET frozen pie crusts and this made 2 pies.......... I love when that happens.  Shared one and have to say this is one of the best pies I have ever made from a recipe.  Will def. make this one again!

1 comment:

Susan said...

I will be using this one for a family reunion this coming weekend in NC...thanks for posting "your" version of it.

I have heard high praise from Tommi and you about this pie, so, I'm gonna check it out!

xoxoxo