Monday, April 18, 2011

"Best Meatloaf I've Had in My Life" Recipe

This is what my husband said after eating dinner tonight.  He doesn't say that all the time and meant it when he said it.  He wasn't particularly hungry but raved about "meatloaf" yep....... something I don't make that often and don't dare say I make the best I have ever had........but he did..... and I thought it was great so here goes.

I started with a
Heart Shaped Pan
I think that part was mandatory, if you don't have one you should, it comes in handy all year long, not just for Valentines day, brownies taste especially good when shaped like a heart and frosted.  :)  Meatloaf has an added spice when it is shaped in a heart :)

2 fresh brown eggs in a bowl..........wisk
add 1 lb of ground pork
add 1 lb of ground beef (lean)
1/4 of a large onion chopped finely
garlic powder / granulated garlic
Zaterains Cajun no salt seasoning
handful of dried basil
2 squeezes of heinz ketchup
3 tablespoons of Tennessee Chow Chow (thanks to my freelancing friend Kim S.)
a shake or two of worchestire
and two handfuls of special k cereal (crushed in bowl with potato masher) **print coupon here

Mix all together and put in an oven heated to 350 degrees .  Make sure not to pat down too tightly you want juices to run through it.   Place the heart pan into a cookie sheet "just in case" I didn't need but had in place.  Put 3 cleaned potatoes in a reg. loaf pan.  Place in oven at the same time and both should be ready in about 55 minutes to an hour.  I turned the oven off at 50 minutes and left in oven for about 20 minutes until I served. Was perfect.

*served with my favorite sweet tea

Sorry no pictures of finished product ,  it didn't last long enough to get photographed! :)

No comments: