Monday, January 24, 2011

ITS AN ALL OUT WAR..........Spring Cleaning in the Winter

Not "because I LIKE to clean but because I have slacked cleaning......" I am stripping everything in my bedroom, spraying everything, flipping the mattress, washing , scrubbing you  name it ............I am cleaning it!  I have found lots of little "hidden" treasures that could be dust, dust mites, and even a few spots that could breed mold. I don't think I have a "problem" per se of dust mites but our bedroom is in the basement and it does get dusty and I am not the best at staying on top of it. 

I found a spot in a recessed basement window that is boarded up that has dirt and rocks from the construction of our carport trapped into the window too................ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
vacuumed it , windexed it now I need to "take a toothbrush to it" 

My washing machine is rocking and so is my dryer, you see I NEVA NEVA NEVA wash in anything but cold water unless I am doing the bed linens when I pump it up to hot/warm to help on the ATTACK of the dust mites!


I am even washing my seashell collection and baskets in the bathroom!   I have the pillows outside in the cold and sunlight (the dust mites hate that) and then I will be making a concoction of  1 cup vodka and 20-30 drops of lavender essential oil  to spray on carpet and bedskirt ............the site EHOW told me to use either rosemary, lavender or eucalyptus but my favorite is lavender so ............going to try that.

1 comment:

singedwingangel said...

HMm vodka?? is that to drink while you are doin the deep cleaning?? sorry j/k lol.. I hate dust mites HATE them.. I love my washer however because it has a SANITIZE cycle on it.. LOVE IT