Friday, December 10, 2010

30 TRUTHS ...Day 06 → Something you hope you never have to do

 Something I hope never to have to do..........
 Orig. Posting on the 30 Truths HERE

“The authentic self is the soul made visible”  ~ Sarah Ban Breathnach

 Among the  many things that I hope to do or never to do ........is go back to work where I am punching a time clock and so binded by rules and regulations that the well being of people clients and employees become at risk. I have to be myself and sometimes that doesn't include being "politically correct" or even " professional for that matter. "   I like to do jobs that don't compromise who I  & what I believe in.  I don't want to be the one saying "I'm only doing my job" as an apology or excuse for my behavior. 

The thought of losing that part of me again, really scares me.   I love that my work........does define who I am. I am what I do............losing what I am working on at this point of my life would be losing myself.

I am vulnerable in the world in which I live.  There are several issues concerning my work.   All of my jobs have had drastic shifts in technology and economy that have affected my small businesses in the negative for most.  There are a few exceptions to the rule............ due to very good marketing skills and ability to swing quickly with the curves financially. ............I have not been that lucky.  I am having to redefine HOW I do things thats all............. still going to do what I love but its alot more like work or school when you are having to do on the job training to keep up and you are a one man show!  so there are all the excuses / apologies I have for not being the most marketed or popular place to be on the web and aesthetically I could be further from where I would like to be ............but I am not yielding to that thing I never want to do..............

I have no help financially , or physically or even with ideas at the moment and have to "one man" this more than I would like.  I am teaching Butch how to list movies and such for sale on half.com (which I can refer you to for a gift certificate if you would like one) and so far we have done well.   this weeks income
bought a lot of nice Christmas List gifts

No comments: