Tuesday, June 1, 2010

MAY quickly passed us by...........


"Moonlight on the bayous
Creole tunes fill the air
I dream about magnolias in June
And I'm wishin I was there"   ~  Louis Armstrong

the song tells the story..........about missing new orleans........... this is really where I am meant to be, I do believe.........everything about the city, the town, the suburb (other than the driving around there) is me
I love the smells, the people, the sites, the food and the fun............. I hope one day I get to return for ever....... for now I just visit from time to time

We were fortunate enough to have a trip to New Orleans that we could combine our pleasure with business.......... the husbands work / meetings were to be held there and we were also offered a stay in N'awlins by the Total Rewards Program thru Harrahs.......... oh yea babe............ we stayed, we played, we visited and then we had to leave......... I have tons of great memories from the visit.  I can't wait to return there in the future, for another visit and then maybe one day I can move back to my home.


After returning home ,  Faith and I took off for another jaunt to NC to visit my oldest daughter and be there for my granddaughters birthday. I She just turned 8.  How wonderful it is to see my grandchildren grow up and blossom.    My granddaughter is taking after my daughter, athletically, she is a "natural" at just about everything she tries.   Here she is in her snazzy pink helmet as catcher of her "tball" team,  I was so happy to get to see her play!









In May I was also fortunate enough to be invited to a luncheon of PM employees (retired) by a friend of my husbands in May.  I was able to make some nice new friends and meet in person some of my facebook friends I had not had the opportunity to do so before!   I love to meet new people and had a wonderful time with this bunch of wonderful people who made me feel quite at home!





Memorial Day was a fun filled day with my sister and her family, cooking out, fishing and playing outside.   They had to unfortunately leave early because of a Wasp Sting :(  but we continued on with our margaritas and neighborhood fun at the beach.  Horseshoes and babies playing in the water in the lake!   We even were visited by at least one turtle, some fish and oh yea a family of ducks!

I love my life, I love to grab it by the horns and squeeze every piece of pleasure I can from it.  I often think about moving as I have been in one place now for 21 years,  my gypsy soul is restless........... but then I think of how easy it is for me to visit many parts of the united states that would be difficult to do otherwise and I rethink that thought............ I need to win the lottery where I could just travel all of the time, or buy several places around the USA .....or get a job that entails mucho travelo..... or just keep "doing what I am doing" .............I am having fun most of the time after all!

No comments: