Friday, January 29, 2010

Better to See you with My Dear...........

I have ALWAYS been a contact lense wearer. My eye doctor is amazed at how long I can make a pair of extended wear last! Well, now that I am (cough cough) forty something.......... my eyesight has changed. I am no longer just "near sighted with an astigmastism" but I am also needing reading glasses! You see, the more they correct for nearsightedness.......the stronger the prescription ........the more you need reading glasses due to that correction.

My eye doctor was SHOCKED when I came to him to get my "prescription" for my progressive lenses from AIRWEAR. He told me that it would take me "some getting used to" as I was so used to
my contacts and drugstore glasses. He was so tickled that I was even considering walking around with glasses on all day, in public.......... :) He said that I couldn't have picked a better lense to try, since I hate wearing glasses. These have so many good qualities and he called them "top of the line."

My new glasses are BLUE & GREEN! LOL, I chose some blue frames that I had (to upcycle for this blog tour). Noooooooooooooooo they don't "go with" everything and I am not trying to make a fashion statement either..........but Airwear is making a statement, a GREEN ONE!
Not only were my frames recycled, but my eye doctor took the lenses to recycle with the LIONS CLUB I am not sure what the criteria is to get glasses from them but I am happy to give my used lenses to an organization that will help others SEE. This company is on the ball and not only are they participating members with the Lions Club but their lenses are made from 100% recycled water and plastics, they can be credited with saving millions of gallons of water and recycling plastic waste to the tune of 570,000 pounds annually!

Do I like the Performance? hmmmmmmmmm no I LOVE THEM! They are light, comfortable, I see better than wearing my contacts + drugstore glasses and oh yea did I mention they are scratch resistant? I am guilty of putting my glasses down , throwing them in my purse hurridly from time to time (there goes that vanity factor again) and the company states that thy are 10X more scratch resistant than the "standard lense" so maybe my eye doctor will be just as surprised at how long I can make my glasses last as he is with my contact lenses! How frugal is that? One pair of glasses vs. several and they work better, give back, huge comfort factor,last longer and oh yea "BETTER TO SEE YOU WITH" too, ya sold me!

This is the description synopsis........ from the website "Going green doesn't mean sacrificing comfort, performance, protection and style. Airwear® lenses are 43 percent lighter and 10 times more impact-resistant than standard plastic lenses. They also provide 100 percent UV protection. Airwear® lenses are available for single vision and progressive prescriptions, and are compatible with the world's most trusted vision brands, such as Varilux®, Crizal®, Xperio®, DEFINITY® and Transitions®."

So yea, for now I will still wear my contact lenses MOST of the time, but when I am cleaning my lenses, or needing to see better..............I would much rather have these glasses than any other I have tried! No need for switching back and forth between glasses as I read & watch tv, comfort is there and hmmmmmmmmm I think they look pretty good too! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour campaign by Mom Central on behalf of Airwear and received a pair of Airwear eyeglass lenses to thank me for taking the time to participate.

No comments: