Friday, December 11, 2009

Hickory Farms : A taste of home for deployed FREE S&H


My Son-in-law went to IRAQ last January. He is a Gunny in the Marines and went over there for a year (11 months) tour of duty. Fortunately, he is now safe and sound and back home with his family. There are many service members still in Iraq and Afghanistan and many troops continue to be readying for deployment. (son in law pictured to left ,before going to Iraq)

Shortly after (a month or so) my son-in-law deployed, I learned that Hickory Farms online gift store shipped for FREE to those that are deployed with an APO or FPO address. I was thrilled! Hickory Farms' products are TOP RATE , stay fresh and I knew deployed troops would appreciate a "taste from home." The items are good, the prices are good and you cannot beat FREE S&H over to the middle east! :) There was no minimum purchase and still isn't to qualify for the FREE S&H. Just click the TAB that says MILITARY GIFTS on the site to find out which items qualify.

GO HERE

I received a "basket" of goodies from Hickory Farms to review and write about on my blog. It isn't an actual basket but rather a box filled with many fine items including : sausages, cheeses, candies etc. As I taste tested the products, images from the past arose in my mind. Isn't it funny how certain "tastes" and "smells" can transport you to a different place and time? Anyway, as I tasted each item I savored each bite. I thought about how the deployed soldiers would have fond memories of home and the holidays with them as they opened their boxes of goodies!

I sent out a box of goodies to my son-in-law last January and then got the idea to spread the word to others, letting them know about the great offer to ship without paying shipping and participating in RAOK, by sending to my Son-in-law to distribute! The boxes started to roll in and the excitement began! My son-in-law was quickly becoming a popular guy in the middle east as people were sharing a "bite of home" and sending to them! My son-in-law wrote a letter of thanks that I shared with my online friends that participated. It wasn't me, or my friends that were responsible for such a chain reaction of kindness, it was HICKORY FARMS! They made us an offer we could not refuse!

If you have a friend or relative with an APO/FPO address you may want to do the same this holiday season........... Hook up with Hickory Farms to share with those that could use some cheer , and would appreciate a bite of home!

"I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour campaign by Mom Central on behalf of Hickory Farms and received a Hickory Farms gift basket to facilitate my review."

No comments: