Sunday, March 1, 2009

TWITTER........... TWEETER........... TWATTER


LOL the HOT SPOT on the net for SOCIAL NETWORKING -
"EVERYONE" is doing it and I am not sure why...........

internet users, companies, bloggers and even spammers.............. OMG
even the WEATHER CHANNEL is on there. BIG COMPANIES are paying attention to TWITTER.............and rewarding those with LOTS OF FOLLOWERS with LOTS OF TWITTERS or LOTS OF "RT" (retweets)


THE RULES:
you can sign up free here: www.twitter.com

you can type messages up to 140 characters at a time

your followers and allow browsers/others can "see and read" or you can make your "twitters" private to the world......... so that someone would really need to know you first before deciding they want to follow you

You can post referral links to your followers.......... and their followers

You can enter many good BLOG contests by TWEETING (earn extra entries)
"tweeting" is "messaging" in twitter talk......

SOUNDS FUN EH?

Well from my limited experience ............MANY people on TWITTER come from the internet with common interest in that they are MOMS: single , married, wah, work outside of the home, don't work at all, it doesn't matter! What matters is that they have children at home............ age really doesn't seem to be a factor but younger moms with younger children are the "hottest" marketing target out there and they are paying to market to these individuals, about them, what ever it takes to "get their interest and their dollars too!" Moms are making money, getting free products, trips, commercial spots and who knows what next, just for "giving birth" !

Now if you are a MOM and a TWEETER you are "in like flynn" you can be a mom that "wipes ass and takes names" a "redneck mom" a "shopping mom" a "frugal mom" it doesn't matter...... JUST BE A MOM! I have seen them come to twitter and then the next thing you know are being flown all over the country to promote products, give their "humble" opinions and omg
get swag "like hollywood stars"! CARS have even been awarded to the TOP TWEETER MOMS!
blogs are quickly changing, RIGHT NOW to "review blogs" OK

MOM+TWEETER+ OPINIONATED + REVIEW BLOG = FREE STUFF + lots of ATTENTION it is free to get a blog , www.blogger.com is a start...................

there have been a few freelancers that have gone on to big big TWITTER PEOPLE..... and a few of those have gone on to be on TV, MAGAZINES AND MORE............ the 15 minutes of fame can change your life.......... just for "BEING A MOM!"

NO WONDER THE OCTA-MOM did what she did LOL she was thinking I can be MOM OF ALL MOMS I can give birth to 14 in two rounds, NOW THAT SHOULD REALLY BRING IN THE SWAG! :) ................ now I am really just kidding about that but .............. think about it.......... its a PERK to be a mom these days and ESPECIALLY ON TWITTER!

here is the anjie review:

You can "follow me" on twitter yes........ for now, I am contemplating RE DOING MY TWITTER
and changing my own rules........ now that I have learned a bit of something...... if you REALLY READ my tweets, then you will know "where to go" and "how to "re-follow" when this occurs as I will make sure to TWEET about it!

just click on the little bird that is running on this blogpost along with in the sidebar of my main blog THE FRUGAL FREELANCER
I caved in to "peer pressure" and signed up on there and started saying a few things here and there............

I joined JAN 2nd of this YEAR.
.................
I "tweeted" a whole 25 "tweets" for the month of january, I didn't find it interesting AT ALL
but I did keep my window open to watch a friend of mine that I found interesting from church.
She is witty and could come up with some things that made me smile............."kinda dry humored stuff and commentary on tv shows like the GRAMMYS" I wasn't learning anything about how to get those pretty backgrounds

FOR FEB I have tweeted a bit more (I am now up to 100+) LOL........... they are not really interesting but a few of you are members and have commented that you are glad to see me TWEETING............... so I will continue for now............. but....................

TWITTER: feels a bit to me like a HUGE Cocktail party............ where everyone on the net is invited............. in real life I like a party, every now and then , but I really like to "know" the people at the party........... people at "the party" are working their way around the room trying to find someone that they have things in common with / who they can network with / who they can sell too/ or who they can make a profit with.......... I much prefer hooking up with friends "old and new" at a party and then meeting friends of friends........ ya know, you already have that "common factor" and something to talk about.

Some of the people I have come into contact with have made me feel like I was in a competition with or something, I am not quite sure how to explain it or put my finger on it......... but it doesn't feel FRIENDLY or like people are there to help each other , but more like a RACE of some kind..........

NOW lately I have ventured out to a few places on TWITTER to meet people and have TWEETED MORE to give it "more of a shot" "more of an effort" to find Kindred souls. I have followed over 500 people that seemed "interesting" for some reason or another, or maybe they know someone that follows me...... etc........ thinking that unless I did this I wasn't doing things right. I was also told it was "polite" to send an AUTO MESSAGE to the persons who sign up to follow you, thanking them............. OK so I did that and I REGRET THAT.......... it is like some type of ANSWERING MACHINE saying something like "push #2 for XYZ" I don't know how to UNDO that ........... or I would immediately........... It also autofollows people back......
I don't know how I did it, or what I did, I was blindly following the advice of someone that I thought was leading me the right way NOT.....................
another reason I am probably going to redo the twitter setting

I have no BACKGROUND on my twitter page , I see lots that have cool pages, avatars, buttons etc ........ they get these outside of the actual TWITTER PAGE (many places available & none recommended by twitter.com) along with the auto replies/auto follows and more......

I have found 6 or 7 "friends" (now that is sad - out of 500+) on twitter that seem to have common interests........... like helping each other save money , live lavishly for less, do RAOK etc etc and seem thus far to be genuine, not just out to promote / over promote themselves ............ I will be introducing you to those people as I get to know them better because I like to introduce good people to good people........ simple as that.... here on my blogs................ so that you can hook up with them on TWITTER and on their WEBSITES AND BLOGS TOO!

OK there are lists of TWITTER CELEBRITIES and MOVIE STARS , MUSCIANS ETC that TWITTER........ sound a little like "myspace yet?" that you can hurry on over and "be a friend" with said celebrity............ LIKE THEY ARE REALLY YOUR FRIEND - PLEASE! I know this is tempting for those of you that are like STAR STRUCK......... but um............. I am not a believer............

HERE IS A TWEET of interest: @ellfind WHAT MAKES ONE FOLLOW SOMEONE? to quote you "# Bio Just plain curious about the world"

so with this "raving review" you will wonder............... am I going to continue to TWITTER?
yes for now, maybe I am missing the big "whats the big deal" but I find it very uninteresting for the most part, distracting, almost to the point of "annoying" experience thus far............

I have had a similar experiences with MYSPACE... and a few churches that I used to belong too........ maybe it is just me? MYSPACE and the CHURCHES that I speak of (& possibly twitter?) all started with GREAT INTENTIONS........... and were one thing when they started and changed or evolved after FAME came their way........... to something I "didn't sign up for"
Twitter I signed up for AFTER the Fame so I am usure of their orig. intent.....

FACEBOOK is somewhere in between, they have made some changes, but when the masses have protested.. they reverted back to "the good rules" in most cases...........

I have had a different experience with a couple of other social networks that I take part in.......
that I will not be listing here due to my strong desire to keep them "simple" and "real"
with the hopes that Fame never TAKES OVER enough for them to forget the original intent.

All of the decor, widgets, wadgets, and gadgets that you can get, hook up to , follow, lead etc that people adorning their twitter pages will probably soon become business income for those that take the time to learn how to design, and insert into TWITTER PAGES........
so if you are graphically and technically inclined OMG jump on it and learn it........... could be potential job, income generating income business in a declining economy................... if you are successful in this idea.......... lmk! :)

I will continue with TWITTER............ but I think I am going to RE-DO my twitter experience - as I did get exactly what I signed up for............. I just didn't know what exactly that was...
now I do

ANOTHER TWEET OF NOTE:
RT @danschawbel Personal Branding Tip: Don't overpromote yourself to the point where you piss people off,or that neg press will spread quick

No comments: