Saturday, March 21, 2009

Feeding a Crowd .........from your Pantry!

I have a funeral to go to this afternoon.......... I needed something to bring (food) to the family and something to leave here that would feed 5. I had to go to Angel Food Ministries and do a pick up, go to the grocery store for odds and ends (dry cleaning, laundry etc etc) and get myself ready as well...............In addition we have our Grandson, Caleb here with us today and my brother coming over later this afternoon. BUSY........... as usual........





I went snooping through my pantry and fridge looking for somethings that I needed to use up had on hand for some ideas on where to start. (see picture)







bits of mushrooms, chopped onion, some butter, cans of chicken a bit of garlic, a bit of flour and a bag of monz. cheese............. one jar of Alfredo sauce...... YEA THATS IT ALFREDO I even have some fetticini ! (only one problem............ I need to feed a CROWD only have 1 jar of sauce, no parm. cheese ..........not enough)
so my years of creative cooking skills were about to pay off.........


WATCH CLOSELY....................
#1 boil the noodles according to package directions using a bit of Olive Oil in the water to prevent sticking......... cook al dente

#2 make a roux.............. a little bit of flour and a little bit of butter and then add milk (like a gravy for chipped beef) but the difference is I added Monz. Cheese to the mix and kept adding milk sitrring with a whisk until I got the "right" consistancy. I then added my one jar of Alfredo sauce to my "gravy" I used the shelf stable milk from AFM to make this part.......... and put my expensive milk back in the "ice box."


#3 BACK TO THE PANTRY............. for seasoning....... I used Basil (home grown) and Rosemary (from my MIL), chopped onion, garlic , more butter and 6 total cans of chunk white chicken breast. (remember I bought these for 25 cents each)

#4 Saute all of the "chunky" ingredients while you drain your noodles and toss with a bit of olive oil.................



#5 add sauteed mixture to the noodles...................... by now your house is smelling like Little Italy.............. and boy does this look good






Divide that sauce among the two pans........... and toss well! ALL that is needed now is some type of bread (I have mine in the freezer) and a beverage for the perfect meal. A small salad can be added if desired. There is PLENTY in each pan to feed 5+
I had everything I needed in my pantry & fridge....... you probably do too!

No comments: