Sunday, March 22, 2009

"The Effect that I have on myself & on Society........"

I was watching television this a.m they were doing a 30 years of 60 minutes show........

PHOTO CREDIT: wikipedia.com

I saw this very inspirational story about a guy from the Bronx. He was shot (did not know the shooter) when he was a bit younger and a quarterback for his high school football team. He was shot in the spine and he ultimately lost his leg due to the "incident" He is did not give up............... on life .................... or on anything.

His goal is to ski in the Olympics (this was recorded in 2007 and he is aiming for the 2010 downhill......... I will be watching intently should he make it!) and I am not sure exactly where he is in this quest................ but his Grandmother told him he was ALREADY A CHAMPION
because of "THE EFFECT THAT HE HAS ON HIS SELF AND HIS SOCIETY" what exciting and inspiring words these are............. if we all could have a positive effect on our selves and our society, I wonder............ JUST WHAT KIND OF WORLD This would be? A better one for sure...............

The short version of this long story is............... he is now a skiier............
a snow skier with one leg - Watch the video that I have included below, It is my hope that this persons skill and tenacity along with his Grandmothers words will also touch you as it has be....

No comments: