Monday, February 2, 2009

MY YARD IS CHARRED!

This past weekend / yesterday the DH went to rake some leaves and pick up sticks and limbs etc and take advantage of the lowered lake to burn them in the muck.............
well................. I decided to take advantage of some "down time" and lie down for a bit (had been up since 6 a.m. - yep on a weekend UGH) anyway I kept hearing the cat trying to paw the window to get my attention so that I would get up and come let her in............. I wasn't falling for it.......
a
The Next thing I know is that ............. I heard my name being called in the distance......... I got up and opened the door to find, my DH & my next door neighbor in the midst of smoke....... I had to call 911......... the little burning escapade turned into an "almost" disaster.......... fires to be put out everywhere..........

Now I have a CHARRED YARD .............................. they say my grass will be greener next year but um...........that wont replace my yuccas, bushes and my ground cover that may or may not come back............ UGH UGH UGH

I am very thankful that everyone worked so hard to keep the fire from catching the trees and house OMG........ and thankful the fire dept. made it here so quickly after the call...... and NO ONE was really hurt..... My DH and neighbor were panting, red faced and it was scarey I thought my DH was going to have a heart attack.........

NOTE THE BUSHES beside of the DH they are totally GONE with burned little limbs..... SAD VERY SAD

No comments: