Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas with Anjie : BOWS

ITS A WRAP


This year I learned how to make BOWS! I normally don't use them unless I am "recycling" from a gift that I rec'vd, or have a huge deal 90% off or so on RIBBON but this year.......
OMG I found the coolest way to decorate a gift...... WITH MY FREE CATALOGS / MAGAZINES and PAPER that would normally be "trash" I particularly like this use of bow........ LOL.......



IT ALL STARTED with a post I read at CRAFTSTER with STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL : here
I was reading the ENTHUSIASM in the thread and looking at the pictures and decided
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm I am going to try that!




I got EVERYONE involved helping me to create bows! It is quite addicting and look at the results! CLICK ON ANY PICTURE here on this blog to see an ENLARGEMENT of the photo so you can see the details.........You can make a bow in MINUTES, we watched Christmas movies while making the ones shown! I even used a GIFT BAG that was "crinkled" to make a bow (would have otherwise gone in the trash) You can make them SMALLER or LARGER depending on the STRIP you cut


Here is a group of gifts that were waiting to be wrapped....... you will notice some GDAS in those boxes! :)







TA-DA check them out with plain white on white (last years clearance) wrapping paper and some pretty handmade MAGAZINE BOWS! WOW! who would've known! You can use butchers paper, kraft paper etc............ with the same effect!

1 comment:

tikig0rama said...

Oh **amazing** I'm so glad you posted the link from craftster!!! WOW. So pretty! I have to try this with my daughter!!

Thanks for passing along a great, green and frugal idea!

Tory