Friday, October 10, 2008

I got upset.............. AGAIN.......... I'm good now


I have had people "steal" my identity both figuratively and literally my entire life. I strive to stay unique and "me" so this is a sore subject and or button that is easy to push with me. I have even had SO CALLED friends do this very same thing. From time to time, I get "fed up" with people taking my ideas, articles, posts, newsletter etc and copying content & calling it their own without my permission and or credit to me, my website or my sources.

YESTERDAY was one of those days. I found two sites that have "owners" that are also members of my own website & blogs that took information, both deals and contest (voting contest) directly from my sites and posted them on their own. I have fought this battle over and over thru the years and even posted about FAMOUS people doing the same thing (HUGE RANT) here
in january or feb. of this year.


YESTERDAY I noticed that not 1 but 3 of my "members" & "online friends" that have previously written to me saying "we need to help each other, could you please promote me yadda yadda yadda........" have taken the liberty to add their own sites to the contest (voting contest) that I have been trying to win, that previously had ZERO other frugal sites participating. AT THE VERY SAME TIME I have also noticed that not even 10% of my "members" are taking the time to vote................. when I have over 1000 members "hitting" my website and blog and over 6000+ reg. subbers getting the newsletter this forces me to contemplate................ just what the heck I am doing here, using all my time and effort to help others by the hundreds or thousands COPY ME, DELETE or DISEMINATE my information and then wonder WHY I am wasting my time...........

I feel that my IDENTITY or who I am has not only been watered down to nearly nothing by this process, but my head is being stepped on in the process..........

I have been tempted to QUIT disseminating this information about how I do things and just keep everything to myself, look out for JUST ME and MINE until my book is written and reap the rewards for my own family ............... but then all I have to do is remember the nice letters, gifts, posts and comments that some have taken the time to write to me and my ANGER quickly subsides...............


This a.m. I did a bit of research on HOW people handle this same situation and found two websites on how to LEGALLY handle this that I thought I would share with others having this same problem THEY ARE:
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c105:H.R.2281.ENR:
http://www.plagiarismtoday.com/


I also found another approach to the same issue that I am quoting (with the proper credit) ATTENTION WEBSITE OWNERS AND BLOGGERS, NEWSLETTER OWNERS AND WEBSITE OWNERS........... PLEASE NOTICE HOW THIS IS DONE ETHICALLY AND MORALLY ........... ITS EASY AND ONLY TAKES A MINUTE


SO with that being said.............. HERE is what I found that I believe I will TRY TO ADOPT..........


http://www.blogcoach.org/2008/10/radical-solution-to-blog-content-piracy.html

BlogCoach: A Radical Solution to Blog Content Piracy via kwout

3 comments:

#1Tigermom said...

Hey Anjie,

I'm sorry for the rudeness of other people who are unable to be themselves and choose use and abuse those they call "friends". What you provide for those of us who have no desire to gain anything other than a less expensive way of life it AMAZING! Thank you so much for the help you provide!

Freelancebyu.com said...

thank you for your "amazing" comment, you made me smile! :)

Kathy said...

Thank you for all you do. I, for one, had just finished voting for you on the contest when I read your blog entry. It is sad that so many benefit from your information yet can't take time to vote. I'll try to be even more diligent in the future.